"Kobe Bryant's the best player I've ever seen other than Michael Jordan."

Talk about anything here.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: "Kobe Bryant's the best player I've ever seen other than Michael Jordan."

Post by Robceltsfan »

Griff: No, I don’t like that stat, you should use THIS stat!

Also Griff: LOL at using the entire stat, I meant for you to skew it in a way that makes my argument better!!!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Post by kennethgriffin24 »

Robceltsfan wrote:Griff: No, I don’t like that stat, you should use THIS stat!

Also Griff: LOL at using the entire stat, I meant for you to skew it in a way that makes my argument better!!!

hey if you think so little of bird that you wanna compare him to a 1 legged man go ahead
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

imagine bird came off the bench his first 2 years and stuck around till year 20 while playing on 1 leg his last 3 years... dudes career average would probly be 16ppg
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

kennethgriffin24 wrote:

hey if you think so little of bird that you wanna compare him to a 1 legged man go ahead
A career is a career. Bird played on a bad back for a few years. You didn’t seeing me trying to eliminate those stats.

You’re a fag....always have been.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Rob, you just can't help yourself when it comes to Kobe haha.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote:Rob, you just can't help yourself when it comes to Kobe haha.
If we as a board all of a sudden stopped responding to dummies that post dumb shit, Arty would commit suitcase in a matter of weeks.

Griff is obviously crying for attention...

~George Carlin~
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Robceltsfan wrote:
kennethgriffin24 wrote:

A career is a career. Bird played on a bad back for a few years. You didn’t seeing me trying to eliminate those stats.

You’re a fag....always have been.

career averages are not a good way to compare players. you compare them as starters when not playing with career ending injuries to get a better grasp of how they impacted the game

kobe wasn't a 25ppg player. he averaged 28ppg as a starter till he ripped his achilles off his ankle and couldn't do anything but this

phpBB [video]

not everyones situation is the same from start to finish. even max kellerman whos all about stats knows this. he says you take their best 10 years or so and compare that.

bird played 3 years of college and 13 years in the nba. do that for kobe and he comes into the league during the 1999-2000 season and retires in 2011-2012

his career average would be 28/6/5/2

3rd all time leading career average behind jordan and wilt. same rings. same finals appearances
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

James Harden is the best player anyone has ever seen.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Re-did Kobe's stat based on pre-achilles/post-becoming-a-stater.

It went up to 72.28.

Wow...

~George Carlin~
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

kennethgriffin24 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
kennethgriffin24 wrote:kobe is the best player i've seen and i've seen michael jordan. he does everything jordan does with unlimited range and every move/shot can be made with both hands. more counters. can run the point when needed.

obviously jordan had the better career but in terms of actual skill i'd rank kobe ahead of him

everyone else that ever played the game has at least one flaw. kobes is "takes incredibly difficult shots and wins doing them while being just as efficient as tim duncan/larry bird/michael jordan"... well... thats a compliment

(ts%/point per shot>fg%)
eFG% > both

But nice try, Kobe Kid.

wrong. that doesn't even factor in a players ability to get to the line

that IS a skill believe it or not
Different eras for most part. Can’t equate how fouls were called then to when kobe played. They both were top players in their eras
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Deez wrote:
kennethgriffin24 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
eFG% > both

But nice try, Kobe Kid.

wrong. that doesn't even factor in a players ability to get to the line

that IS a skill believe it or not
Different eras for most part. Can’t equate how fouls were called then to when kobe played. They both were top players in their eras

bird rarely attacked the basket. he was strictly a mid range scorer 90% of the time. he got layups when they were open but he wasn't finishing over/through people like kobe. its silly to even try and argue bird as an equal player at drawing fouls. kobe was one of the best ever at it duing an era when the calls weren't nearly as frequent as they are today. if kobe played today he would be james harden with defense and leadership
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Robceltsfan wrote:Re-did Kobe's stat based on pre-achilles/post-becoming-a-stater.

It went up to 72.28.

Wow...

yeah i already did that

kennethgriffin24 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
kennethgriffin24 wrote:

i stand behind the eye test first.. you have to judge players on eras/defensive pressure/shot difficulty/counters/skill sets and compare their efficiency to similar players

bird could take and make a lot of the kind of shots kobe made but he did it like 1/10th as much as kobe did... bird would have rare moments while kobe was basically doing this shit all day every day.

part of it was due to different styles/eras/coaching and also bird having a loaded team that didn't really depend on it ... i rank bird top 4 in terms of offensive skills all time with kobe/durant/hakeem

but his major flaw that lowers him below kobe is his lack of ability to attack and draw fouls and guard the perimeter. he was an ok defender. not nearly as bad as barkley or magic. but he wasn't even 1/100th the on ball defender kobe was in his prime
Soooooo, that's a long-winded yes? Well, first of all, you wouldn't DIVIDE by the PPS....you'd multiply (lest you wish to give the advantage to guys with lesser PPS).

That being said, here's your stats for a few select players:

Kobe Bryant: 1.284 PPS x 55.0%TS = 70.62
Larry Bird: 1.257 PPS x 56.4%TS = 70.89
Tim Duncan: 1.302 PPS x 55.1%TS = 71.74
Michael Jordan: 1.316 PPS x 56.9%TS = 74.88
Lebron James: 1.383 PPS x 58.6%TS = 81.04
Steph Curry: 1.376 PPS x 62.3%TS = 85.72

:underbite:

lol@ including post achilles rupture kobe

kobes point per shot went from being on par with jordan to 3 points lower over his last 3 seasons. his career fg% went from nearly 46% to 44%

his true shooting percentage went from 55.5 to 55.0

1.301 pps x 55.5%ts = 72.28.. close to jordan. above bird and duncan

and lebron/duncan don't really belong in the convo anyway cause nearly 80% of their points come in the paint

in fact only curry really can be measured with kobe in terms of shot selection. and even then its not fair cause they don't play perimeter defense anymore. its illegal

and like i said originally. kobes right around jordan/duncan/bird levels of efficiency while taking infinitely more difficult shots. that was my whole point. i never said kobe was way ahead of them while playing a way more insanely difficult style of basketball
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

As an unbiased observer, Throb’s getting ragdolled pretty hard ITT by Griff.

Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

As an unbiased observer, Griff is getting ragdolled pretty hard ITT by Rob.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

As a biased observer, everyone in this thread is punching themselves in the face, including myself.
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

manchild98 wrote:James Harden is the best player anyone has ever seen.
na he's only a regular season performer

another problem with todays nba is the referees revert back to more physical styles of reffing during the post season which hurts curry/harden and exposes giannis

then lesser regular season guys explode/go off like durant/kawhi cause they have more go to moves and can shoot over people/handle the physicality... lebron also does well cause hes built like a tank from steroid abuse
Last edited by kennethgriffin24 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Bartman wrote:As an unbiased observer, Griff is getting ragdolled pretty hard ITT by Rob.

No applicable 80s movie gif in your post. I win.

:slapping:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

lettherebehouse wrote:As an unbiased observer, Throb’s getting ragdolled pretty hard ITT by Griff.

Oh look....House trying to pile on Rob. Never been done before!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~George Carlin~
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Robceltsfan wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:As an unbiased observer, Throb’s getting ragdolled pretty hard ITT by Griff.

Oh look....House trying to pile on Rob. Never been done before!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh look....Throb trolled and flushed in another topic about deities.

Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Bartman wrote:As an unbiased observer, Griff is getting ragdolled pretty hard ITT by Rob.

No applicable 80s movie gif in your post. I win.

:slapping:
That's true, I concede defeat.
Last edited by Bartman on Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.