How do you wrestle with the fact that GOD is from all eternity?

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

How do you wrestle with the fact that GOD is from all eternity?

Post by CleveTown™ »

I wonder what you heathens think upon hearing the claim of the Bible that God always was. In fact, He has no beginning and no end. How do you wrestle with that fact?

To me, there is a simple way to explain it. God of course is outside of time, since time is His own creation. But God still dwells in the past. He dwells in the eternal past, the ever passing now, and eternal future all at the same time.

That is my God in whom I trust and worship.

That's what I want you think about today.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: How do you wrestle with the fact that GOD is from all eternity?

Post by Bush4Ever. »

How do you wrestle with the fact that you're gay?
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Bush4Ever. wrote:How do you wrestle with the fact that you're gay?
When are you going to pick a fight with Abe?
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Bush4Ever. wrote:How do you wrestle with the fact that you're gay?
I present to you cold hard truths and you respond will lustful longing suppressed fantasies of me. You are one very weird fellow.
January 7th. (D)
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Post by kennethgriffin24 »

i'm agnostic so there might be a god and there might not be one. even if i believe in one or believe there isn't one it won't change anything. and if i do have to believe in order to be saved then believe what? which religion? christianity? catholicism? protestant? jehovah? mormon?... i'm baptized catholic. but what if thats the wrong one. then how do i choose? would god lead me in the right direction? if so then why not others? what if i was born into a family that believes in the wrong thing. do i go to hell? what if i'm native? what if i'm east indian? what if i'm chinese? what i'm i'm jewish? what if i'm muslim? what if i'm some tribal rainforest guy... what if i'm retarded or gay. what if i'm born during a time when religion is out of style and i'm led down the wrong path. why is everyone so sure their religion is the right one. wouldn't that mean you would have to believe god is biased and predetermines who goes to heaven. and if we go to heaven whats there to do anyway. whatever we want? ok. how long will that be fun. 1000 years? 1,000,000 years? after seeing everything wouldn't it get repetitive like groundhog day. then wouldn't you want it to end. especially if life on earth ceased to exist and there was nothing to observe. how is there any privacy in heaven. and if there is privacy wouldn't it be lonely. i can only stand my friends and family once a week or so. and when you can have everything doesn't it take away from the appreciation. so much of what makes us human is wanting more or attaining more. there would be no wealth. no possessions. no reason to behave. are there drugs in heaven? alcohol? food? can we even feel hunger? can we choose to be reincarnated? and if so does our old soul die? then whats the point right?. and who really wants to meet god. and would he have the time to meet you? then what if you don't have fun. can you ask to stop being conscious. can you feel pain? is there sex? if there is wouldn't most people abuse that like barkley on the holodeck in star trek. wouldn't that be intrusive. wouldn't you get in trouble if you thought about underage girls. does god even have the same laws up there? wouldn't he have to have different ones for every country you're from. then what if the laws are tightened on earth. are they changed in heaven. if heaven was made back in the days when 13 year olds could have sex. wouldn't that be ok in heaven still? would heaven even be a place you would want to go to then. your dead daughter having sex with old men in heaven? like wtf right? can i sleep in heaven? doesn't that make things more fresh too. like you get burnt out constantly thinking. you need a break. and what about jacking off. do i even have a penis? and whats the point of heaven anyway. to have fun or to help people on earth. to guide people. then what if you dont wanna do that. do you go to hell. and what if i'm embarrassed by some things i did in my life like swinging a cat by the tale when i was a kid or taking pictures of my girlfriends tits when she was sleeping. are all your secrets exposed. and what if you're an aborted fetus. you never even experienced life so how do you even have a soul. isn't a soul just experiences. and what if you're replicated in the future. or your brain is transferred to a computer using new tesla brain wired technology that will be available in the near future. after your body dies will your old conscience go to heaven while your copy stays here. and what about when the correct religion is changed or banned. then how will people go to heaven. if heaven is for everyone would you want to share it with disgusting muslims.

i dunno i think its too much for anyone to even give any serious thought about. just live your life.
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

kennethgriffin24 wrote:i'm agnostic so there might be a god and there might not be one. even if i believe in one or believe there isn't one it won't change anything. and if i do have to believe in order to be saved then believe what? which religion? christianity? catholicism? protestant? jehovah? mormon?... i'm baptized catholic. but what if thats the wrong one. then how do i choose? would god lead me in the right direction? if so then why not others? what if i was born into a family that believes in the wrong thing. do i go to hell? what if i'm native? what if i'm east indian? what if i'm chinese? what i'm i'm jewish? what if i'm muslim? what if i'm some tribal rainforest guy... what if i'm retarded or gay. what if i'm born during a time when religion is out of style and i'm led down the wrong path. why is everyone so sure their religion is the right one. wouldn't that mean you would have to believe god is biased and predetermines who goes to heaven. and if we go to heaven whats there to do anyway. whatever we want? ok. how long will that be fun. 1000 years? 1,000,000 years? after seeing everything wouldn't it get repetitive like groundhog day. then wouldn't you want it to end. especially if life on earth ceased to exist and there was nothing to observe. how is there any privacy in heaven. and if there is privacy wouldn't it be lonely. i can only stand my friends and family once a week or so. and when you can have everything doesn't it take away from the appreciation. so much of what makes us human is wanting more or attaining more. there would be no wealth. no possessions. no reason to behave. are there drugs in heaven? alcohol? food? can we even feel hunger? can we choose to be reincarnated? and if so does our old soul die? then whats the point right?. and who really wants to meet god. and would he have the time to meet you? then what if you don't have fun. can you ask to stop being conscious. can you feel pain? is there sex? if there is wouldn't most people abuse that like barkley on the holodeck in star trek. wouldn't that be intrusive. wouldn't you get in trouble if you thought about underage girls. does god even have the same laws up there? wouldn't he have to have different ones for every country you're from. then what if the laws are tightened on earth. are they changed in heaven. if heaven was made back in the days when 13 year olds could have sex. wouldn't that be ok in heaven still? would heaven even be a place you would want to go to then. your dead daughter having sex with old men in heaven? like wtf right? can i sleep in heaven? doesn't that make things more fresh too. like you get burnt out constantly thinking. you need a break. and what about jacking off. do i even have a penis? and whats the point of heaven anyway. to have fun or to help people on earth. to guide people. then what if you dont wanna do that. do you go to hell. and what if i'm embarrassed by some things i did in my life like swinging a cat by the tale when i was a kid or taking pictures of my girlfriends tits when she was sleeping. are all your secrets exposed. and what if you're an aborted fetus. you never even experienced life so how do you even have a soul. isn't a soul just experiences. and what if you're replicated in the future. or your brain is transferred to a computer using new tesla brain wired technology that will be available in the near future. after your body dies will your old conscience go to heaven while your copy stays here. and what about when the correct religion is changed or banned. then how will people go to heaven. if heaven is for everyone would you want to share it with disgusting muslims.

i dunno i think its too much for anyone to even give any serious thought about. just live your life.

Very well said
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

kennethgriffin24 wrote:i'm agnostic so there might be a god and there might not be one. even if i believe in one or believe there isn't one it won't change anything. and if i do have to believe in order to be saved then believe what? which religion? christianity? catholicism? protestant? jehovah? mormon?... i'm baptized catholic. but what if thats the wrong one. then how do i choose? would god lead me in the right direction? if so then why not others? what if i was born into a family that believes in the wrong thing. do i go to hell? what if i'm native? what if i'm east indian? what if i'm chinese? what i'm i'm jewish? what if i'm muslim? what if i'm some tribal rainforest guy... what if i'm retarded or gay. what if i'm born during a time when religion is out of style and i'm led down the wrong path. why is everyone so sure their religion is the right one. wouldn't that mean you would have to believe god is biased and predetermines who goes to heaven. and if we go to heaven whats there to do anyway. whatever we want? ok. how long will that be fun. 1000 years? 1,000,000 years? after seeing everything wouldn't it get repetitive like groundhog day. then wouldn't you want it to end. especially if life on earth ceased to exist and there was nothing to observe. how is there any privacy in heaven. and if there is privacy wouldn't it be lonely. i can only stand my friends and family once a week or so. and when you can have everything doesn't it take away from the appreciation. so much of what makes us human is wanting more or attaining more. there would be no wealth. no possessions. no reason to behave. are there drugs in heaven? alcohol? food? can we even feel hunger? can we choose to be reincarnated? and if so does our old soul die? then whats the point right?. and who really wants to meet god. and would he have the time to meet you? then what if you don't have fun. can you ask to stop being conscious. can you feel pain? is there sex? if there is wouldn't most people abuse that like barkley on the holodeck in star trek. wouldn't that be intrusive. wouldn't you get in trouble if you thought about underage girls. does god even have the same laws up there? wouldn't he have to have different ones for every country you're from. then what if the laws are tightened on earth. are they changed in heaven. if heaven was made back in the days when 13 year olds could have sex. wouldn't that be ok in heaven still? would heaven even be a place you would want to go to then. your dead daughter having sex with old men in heaven? like wtf right? can i sleep in heaven? doesn't that make things more fresh too. like you get burnt out constantly thinking. you need a break. and what about jacking off. do i even have a penis? and whats the point of heaven anyway. to have fun or to help people on earth. to guide people. then what if you dont wanna do that. do you go to hell. and what if i'm embarrassed by some things i did in my life like swinging a cat by the tale when i was a kid or taking pictures of my girlfriends tits when she was sleeping. are all your secrets exposed. and what if you're an aborted fetus. you never even experienced life so how do you even have a soul. isn't a soul just experiences. and what if you're replicated in the future. or your brain is transferred to a computer using new tesla brain wired technology that will be available in the near future. after your body dies will your old conscience go to heaven while your copy stays here. and what about when the correct religion is changed or banned. then how will people go to heaven. if heaven is for everyone would you want to share it with disgusting muslims.

this wall o' text needs to be broken up into concise paragraph for me to address everything, or least bullet pointed.

I'll just take your first question.

1) In order to be saved you do not need to look at religion. You need to look at a BOOK. That Book is the Holy Bible. The main things are plain things and the plain things are the main things. The main (and plain) thing is that Jesus died, was buried, and rose again 3 days later for the sacrifice of your sins.

2) He was God in human flesh.

3) You must repent and believe in order to be saved.

Again, this is all from the Bible, and no religion can save you. Only to those who believe the message of the Word of God (the Bible) can be saved.
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

I'm reading your wall of text in bits and pieces (as I'm a little preoccupied atm) but I believe that there will be people in Heaven who never heard the name Jesus. Those people in rainforests who refuse to believe in idols and know in their heart and have faith that God is the creator and worships Him I think may be in Heaven. I could be wrong, but God is Just, and whatever He chooses to do will be the right thing.

But you have heard of Jesus so you are without excuse.
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

No sex in Heaven. We will be made like the angels, neither marrying nor given in marriage. But I also believe that we will have a joy that far exceeds the sensation of sex and orgasms. And it's continuous, not 5 seconds worth like orgasms during sex.
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

No you will never get bored in Heaven. We will be learning more and more about the infinite wisdom of God. I believe we will have tasks to do, and we will not be bored of them and it won't be tiresome. We will praise God, worship, sing and of curse be able to roam the universe(s?).
Whatever it is it will beyond our imagination and what we are capable of perceiving in these bodies with these minds:
"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” --1 Corinthians 2:9
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

no there are no drugs (we will get our joy from being with God and it will be better than any drug). You aren't having the right perspective about any preconceived notions of Heaven. It comes from a place Biblical illiteracy. You have to read your Bible or at least look these things up on Youtube
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

The Bible addresses our heavenly bodies (and even bodies in hell).

"Now I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

55“Where, O Death, is your victory?

Where, O Death, is your sting?”
January 7th. (D)
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

:mjlaugh:
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

LNS wrote::mjlaugh:
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing." -1Corinthians 1:18
January 7th. (D)
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Post by kennethgriffin24 »

CleveTown™ wrote:I'm reading your wall of text in bits and pieces (as I'm a little preoccupied atm) but I believe that there will be people in Heaven who never heard the name Jesus. Those people in rainforests who refuse to believe in idols and know in their heart and have faith that God is the creator and worships Him I think may be in Heaven. I could be wrong, but God is Just, and whatever He chooses to do will be the right thing.

But you have heard of Jesus so you are without excuse.

ok so he doesn't judge people who are ignorant/products of society. so if i say god and religion are gay then thats just my shitty upbringing/surroundings/parents/friends/schools/jobs/interactions misleading me since everything that makes us who we are is our experiences and interactions with the people around us. so realistically you can't send anyone to hell... like kids who are abused by their parents who grow up psychologically damaged and take out their anger on others. how can you blame them for any of it. they're born innocent
CleveTown™ wrote:No sex in Heaven. We will be made like the angels, neither marrying nor given in marriage. But I also believe that we will have a joy that far exceeds the sensation of sex and orgasms. And it's continuous, not 5 seconds worth like orgasms during sex.

joys are mostly endorphins given off my the brain. its like a drug. without the brain how would we feel these human biological emotions. and isn't sex/physical relations with the opposite sex 90% of what makes us human in the first place. its almost all i think about nonstop. if i can have sex with things in hell i'd much rather go there. even if its painful most of the time. it would be totally worth it. plus i wouldn't have a job as an angel that doesn't pay anything. and i like having a penis. i would feel weird without one. even when totally flaccid

CleveTown™ wrote:No you will never get bored in Heaven. We will be learning more and more about the infinite wisdom of God. I believe we will have tasks to do, and we will not be bored of them and it won't be tiresome. We will praise God, worship, sing and of curse be able to roam the universe(s?).
Whatever it is it will beyond our imagination and what we are capable of perceiving in these bodies with these minds:
"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” --1 Corinthians 2:9

then am i truly myself if i can't get bored. sounds like a form of mind control if you ask me. how much can you really learn and for how long. infinite wisdom? i'm sure it couldn't possibly take more than a few years. and eternity is forever. theres literally no way god has infinite wisdom. like a new lesson we never heard before every single day for the next 80 quintillion millenniums? does he teach us all at once or each individually? aren't there literally billions upon billions of dead people in heaven. and he would have to teach us one at a time and multiply himself a billion times over because each person that dies would be at a different spot. people who have been dead for hundreds of years don't wanna learn basics.

CleveTown™ wrote:no there are no drugs (we will get our joy from being with God and it will be better than any drug). You aren't having the right perspective about any preconceived notions of Heaven. It comes from a place Biblical illiteracy. You have to read your Bible or at least look these things up on Youtube

sounds like more mind control. i wanna be my own person in heaven or i don't wanna go there. everything sounds predestined and absolute. there is no deviation from gods natural plan. you're a mindless sheep if you go to heaven. no thankyou
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

CleveTown™ wrote:
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing." -1Corinthians 1:18
You sound like a fucking lunatic ITT, guy.

And do you really think I’d let some burnout from Ohio sway my stance on religion? :laugh3:
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

kennethgriffin24 wrote: ok so he doesn't judge people who are ignorant/products of society. so if i say god and religion are gay then thats just my shitty upbringing/surroundings/parents/friends/schools/jobs/interactions misleading me since everything that makes us who we are is our experiences and interactions with the people around us. so realistically you can't send anyone to hell... like kids who are abused by their parents who grow up psychologically damaged and take out their anger on others. how can you blame them for any of it. they're born innocent
He does judge you if you have heard of Him and willfully rejected Him (which unfortunately is the category you are in today). I grew up in a piss poor family and social environment. I could have easily been a product of the system. But I chose to follow God instead. What's your choice? We all have one and we all make one.
kennethgriffin24 wrote: joys are mostly endorphins given off my the brain. its like a drug. without the brain how would we feel these human biological emotions. and isn't sex/physical relations with the opposite sex 90% of what makes us human in the first place. its almost all i think about nonstop. if i can have sex with things in hell i'd much rather go there. even if its painful most of the time. it would be totally worth it. plus i wouldn't have a job as an angel that doesn't pay anything. and i like having a penis. i would feel weird without one. even when totally flaccid
Do you think God is not capable of creating things better than endorphins in Heaven? More satisfying? More complete and pure? He is. And you won't be having in sex in hell because it is darkness and a lake of fire. You won't even have your penis, your body will be changed the Bible says. You will confined there, yelling in pure anguish and pain.

kennethgriffin24 wrote: then am i truly myself if i can't get bored. sounds like a form of mind control if you ask me. how much can you really learn and for how long. infinite wisdom? i'm sure it couldn't possibly take more than a few years. and eternity is forever. theres literally no way god has infinite wisdom. like a new lesson we never heard before every single day for the next 80 quintillion millenniums? does he teach us all at once or each individually? aren't there literally billions upon billions of dead people in heaven. and he would have to teach us one at a time and multiply himself a billion times over because each person that dies would be at a different spot. people who have been dead for hundreds of years don't wanna learn basics.
You are speaking from a total lack of comprehension of God and the Bible. No, you will never learn everything about God. The angels EVEN TODAY who are of ancient times are still learning abotu God the Bible says : "12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they foretold the things now announced by those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things." This basically means that even the angels longed to understand the process of salvation. They couldn't understand.

kennethgriffin24 wrote: sounds like more mind control. i wanna be my own person in heaven or i don't wanna go there. everything sounds predestined and absolute. there is no deviation from gods natural plan. you're a mindless sheep if you go to heaven. no thank you
Well you have the mind that many do who choose hell over heaven. People who go to hell choose to go. They do not desire God and the don't desire to worship Him. They (you) desire to worship themselves and to do what is good in their eyes. The ultimate act of defiance. Pretty much your father the Devil did the same thing before He was kicked out of Heaven. He desired to stop worshiping God and be worshiped himself. Read the "5 I Wills" of Satan and there you will see what he did to have God banish him from Heaven and mark him and his followers for hell.
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

LNS wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:

And do you really think I’d let some burnout from Ohio sway my stance on religion? :laugh3:
Even Jesus himself was accused of being insane- and worse!

Mark 3:20-22 Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.” And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
January 7th. (D)
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

CleveTown™ wrote:
LNS wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote: "The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing." -1Corinthians 1:18

Mark 3:20-22 Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.” And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
You’re not Jesus. And you’re a shitty person overall and not someone that has any chance of influencing me on this subject. If I saw you constantly being a good Christian then maybe I’d consider what you have to say, but you’re not and it’s embarrassing when someone like you tries to use the “fire and brimstone” arguments.

Aaaannnddd we’re done here.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

LNS wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
LNS wrote:

You’re not Jesus. And you’re a shitty person overall and not someone that has any chance of influencing me on this subject. If I saw you constantly being a good Christian then maybe I’d consider what you have to say, but you’re not and it’s embarrassing when someone like you tries to use the “fire and brimstone” arguments.

Aaaannnddd we’re done here.
False. Because you have undoubtedly met and have seen good Christians and they have not swayed you. You must allow God to sway you. Of course I know I can't sway you, that is the Holy Spirit's job. All I do is plant seeds. And I preach one way here and gentler way other places. But you heathens would trample on my kindness. I'm still a man and won't stand for that. Even the Bible says there are times to preach one way to one people and another way to another people. These people at AG need fire and brimstone preaching.
January 7th. (D)