If LeBron wins his third FMVP where do you rank him?

Talk about anything here.
DorianRo
Superstar

Re: If LeBron wins his third FMVP where do you rank him?

Post by DorianRo »

Hell even NOW with a stacked team for supporting help he isn't going up against teams as good as those.. Good lord

Thus you ask me, where would a third FMVP rank him? Well obviously not on the level as guys who had SUPERIOR opposition (And with less help) to get their 2-3 FMVPs.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

DorianRo wrote:
manchild98 wrote:
DorianRo wrote:

I'll tell ya what.. Lets take 2 of the THREE future HOF'ers that leBitch has for Supporting help and give him Rodman. And you tell me if Lebron makes 4 Finals in a row and win 2-3 ships

He wins much easier if Rodman is part of his team. The Heat suck at rebounding and Lebron wouldn't have to expend as much energy always guarding the opposing team's best player. Wade, Lebron and Rodman would win as many titles.

And who is gonna bail him out offensively if you take 2 of the 3 HOF'ers off and give him Rodman? is Rodman gonna carry him down the stretch on the offensive end? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is Rodman gonna give you 20/10 games or 25-10 games if called upon to do so? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who is giving LeBron 25/10 now?

We already established that Wade was 16/5 in the 012-013 post season and Bosh was 15/6 in the 012-013 post season:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... hch01.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... edw01.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

DorianRo wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
DorianRo wrote:Number 1, Lebron had enough supporting help to get top seeding and the best record in the game for 2 seasons was it?

Number 2, the East jordan played in was 3 or 4 times tougher and more competitive than ANY East Lehype has played in yet.
That team that was top seeded was 1-13 when LeBron didn't play, but let's play along. Who on that 66 win team in 2009 was as good as Pippen, or Grant or even some of the lesser lights on the Bulls championship teams? Mo? Varajeo? Ancient Z? Anthony Parker? Hickson? Tell me.

I didn't say his supporting help was as good but WHY did it have to be exactly? He wasn't going up against Teams like the 96 Pacers or Sonics or Magic or Jazz etc.

And as already mentioned it was still good enough to give him the top record in the league. So his supporting help wasn't THAT bad.
I'll take that as surrendering. When he lost to the Celtics, was he not losing to three HOFers near their prime (KG, Pierce and Allen and potentially someone who could be a fourth in Rondo one day?)?
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

DorianRo wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
DorianRo wrote:

It doesn't matter. Point is Lebron has MULTIPLE offensive options around to defer to. You can get a nice all around game from Bosh and Wade at an efficient clip.

Could you get the same out of Rodman?? You couldn't even get a 10/10 game out of Rodman.

Next :lol: :lol:
Of course it matters you dumbfuck. Rodman is considered the greatest rebounder in NBA history. That and his defense is what he was brought in for. And he didn't disappoint. Why do you think Chicago lost to Orlando in the 95 playoffs? Because Grant left and they had no inside presence. A year later, Rodman is brought in and look what happen when they faced Orlando again in the playoffs. They swept them because Rodman avg. almost 16trb that series AND as a bonus avg almost 12ppg.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ml#CHI-ORL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll tell ya what.. Lets take 2 of the THREE future HOF'ers that leBitch has for Supporting help and give him 34 year old Rodman. And you tell me if Lebron makes 4 Finals in a row and win 2-3 ships
Why are you taking away 2 HOF'ers??? Horace Grant left (non HOF'er) and the Bulls get beat 2-4 in the playoffs.

Following year, insert HOF'er Rodman and the Bulls go on to win 3 straight titles. Not a coincidence.

So in others words, Grant, who was more of a scoring threat left and was replaced by a minimal scoring threat in Rodman and THEY STILL had enough scoring to win 3 in a row.
Last edited by Jims_Doors on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Jims_Doors wrote:
DorianRo wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote: Of course it matters you dumbfuck. Rodman is considered the greatest rebounder in NBA history. That and his defense is what he was brought in for. And he didn't disappoint. Why do you think Chicago lost to Orlando in the 95 playoffs? Because Grant left and they had no inside presence. A year later, Rodman is brought in and look what happen when they faced Orlando again in the playoffs. They swept them because Rodman avg. almost 16trb that series AND as a bonus avg almost 12ppg.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ml#CHI-ORL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll tell ya what.. Lets take 2 of the THREE future HOF'ers that leBitch has for Supporting help and give him 34 year old Rodman. And you tell me if Lebron makes 4 Finals in a row and win 2-3 ships
Why are you taking away 2 HOF'ers??? Horace Grant left (non HOF'er) and the Bulls get beat 2-4 in the playoffs.

Following year, insert HOF'er Rodman and the Bulls go on to win 3 straight titles. Not a coincidence.

Horace Grant is the truth. Four championships on two different teams as a starting power forward

Horace Grant>>>>>Udonis Haslem
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

LeBron's supporting cast wasn't great but it wasn't complete garbage either as it helped the cavs win 66 and 62 games in back to back seasons. I will say this though. The cavs of the 90s might have won 54-57 games in their primes but they had more talent then the LeBron lead cavs in their primes.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elmouse03 wrote:LeBron's supporting cast wasn't great but it wasn't complete garbage either as it helped the cavs win 66 and 62 games in back to back seasons. I will say this though. The cavs of the 90s might have won 54-57 games in their primes but they had more talent then the LeBron lead cavs in their primes.
Just for fun, tell me who not named LeBron from the 2009 team that won those 66 games would you choose to have on the first 3peat Bulls teams and who would they replace.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

elmouse03 wrote:LeBron's supporting cast wasn't great but it wasn't complete garbage either as it helped the cavs win 66 and 62 games in back to back seasons. I will say this though. The cavs of the 90s might have won 54-57 games in their primes but they had more talent then the LeBron lead cavs in their primes.

The Cavs record without LeBron while he was there was.384...We all know how terrible they were after he left.

You could have put LeBron on the 76ers and they would have won 45 games and made the playoffs but that's not really the point.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Just for fun, tell me who not named LeBron from the 2009 team that won those 66 games would you choose to have on the first 3peat Bulls teams and who would they replace.
Big Z over any of the Bulls centers on that team. Maybe Scott Williams as his backup.
Varejao over King as Grant's backup
Wally be a nice shooter off the bench

That's about it.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

I've always said the only Cav I would take is Verajao. Every team can use a hustle and energy guy. But hopefully he's a 6th man.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

WiseGuy wrote:

The Cavs record without LeBron while he was there was.384...We all know how terrible they were after he left.

You could have put LeBron on the 76ers and they would have won 45 games and made the playoffs but that's not really the point.
I seen the cavs were 25th in pace that season which I think was the reason that hurt them. Need to let LeBron lose. Like people said about the Knicks of the 90s. They just played slower and slower when things got bad for them and they had the firepower to be a better offensive team then what they truly were.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Is one LeBron fan ever going to admit that LeBron played like shit in games 4-6 against the Celtics in 2010.?
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Da Stars. wrote:Is one LeBron fan ever going to admit that LeBron played like shit in games 4-6 against the Celtics in 2010.?
Have to credit the Celtics also as they just knew how to play defense great from 08-10.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Da Stars. wrote:Is one LeBron fan ever going to admit that LeBron played like shit in games 4-6 against the Celtics in 2010.?
He played poorly. Now when are you going to get your head out of your ass and admit he was playing with mostly tomato cans and that team had no business winning nearly as many games as they did were it not for LeBron?
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

You can play these parlor games all day by massaging the statistics and point to playoff games where James stunk up the place. Nobody is disputing that. He's played in 152 playoff games. There are bound to be some stinkers.

-WiseGuy
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

WiseGuy wrote:

You can play these parlor games all day by massaging the statistics and point to playoff games where James stunk up the place. Nobody is disputing that. He's played in 152 playoff games. There are bound to be some stinkers.

-WiseGuy
I like your sig because on this board it's true as hell with most on here.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

ripper76 wrote:I'm going to go with GOAT.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

elmouse03 wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:

-WiseGuy
Sure 3 in a row.
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

MJ
KAJ
Magic
LeBron
QueenCuckCarl has no clue how many men his whore wife has fucked...ask him.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Da Stars. wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:

Sure 3 in a row.
In that series he was still 27, 9 and 7. Led the Cavs in points, boards, dimes, steals and second in blocks that series. Nobody else scored more than 13 a game that series. But even with that, you are right he was poor towards the end of that series.

So going back to the question I asked you in my last post in this thread, when are you going to get your head out of your ass and admit the rest of that Cavs team wasn't all that and a bag of chips?