FPL
Hall of Famer

Wilt vs Kareem duel (WCF Game 6 1972)

Post by FPL »

Cool video a saw on RealGM:

phpBB [video]
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Wilt vs Kareem duel (WCF Game 6 1972)

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

That's what the MVP trophy used to look like, which Kareem auctioned off awhile back. Wilt was one of the few guys to ever block Kareem's skyhook, doing in twice during a possession once. That block at the :39 mark had another one shortly after that.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

It's videos like this that make me think Russell and Wilt would be fine in today's NBA. Certainly not putting up the stats they did back then, but still up there with the top bigs today like Joel and Jokic.

I also think Bill becomes the best defender in the NBA almost immediately. The smallball-style of play fits his defensive game very well.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

If this is the correct game listed looks like Kareem Had 37pts/25rebs/8ast while Wilt went for 20/24/2. Kareem had another teammate pull down 24 rebounds.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

PhutureDynasty wrote:It's videos like this that make me think Russell and Wilt would be fine in today's NBA. Certainly not putting up the stats they did back then, but still up there with the top bigs today like Joel and Jokic.

I also think Bill becomes the best defender in the NBA almost immediately. The smallball-style of play fits his defensive game very well.
I think they'd do fine defensively, I think offense is the question though. Wilt's offensive style seems very raw and turnover prone IMO.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Redemption for Wilt
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

The level of play was so shit yikes
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Max. wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:It's videos like this that make me think Russell and Wilt would be fine in today's NBA. Certainly not putting up the stats they did back then, but still up there with the top bigs today like Joel and Jokic.

I won't allow this kind of disrespect.

Legitimately forgot about him but I must admit I still view him as a 4. I was talking strictly 5s.

My mistake.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

I randomly got this in my youtube feed and look who it is @5:31...

phpBB [video]

:trumplol:
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Look at that competition, look at the slow footedness. LeBron would be considered god on the basketball court or an alien from outer space in that era
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)