Ryan Newman

Talk about anything here.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Ryan Newman

Post by Repeat3peat »

That was a gut wrenching accident to watch... I think he hit the wall about the same place Dale Earnhardt did....then everything that happened after...I can’t see any way that he made it through that.

phpBB [video]
Repeat3peat

Re: Ryan Newman

Post by Repeat3peat »

phpBB [video]

Prayers...
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Max. wrote:He probably has some serious burns.
Hopefully that is worse case...but hitting the wall at full speed at that angle...then getting T-boned directly on the drivers door by another car at full speed. Sickening.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Max. wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
Max. wrote:He probably has some serious burns.
Hopefully that is worse case...but hitting the wall at full speed at that angle...then getting T-boned directly on the drivers door by another car at full speed. Sickening.
Hopefully the harness and the cage did their job.

Unfortunately there is only so much they can prevent....they can/will keep you in place (Dale didn't use all he could/should have) but nothing can prevent your internal organs and brain from smashing against the skull/inside of your body. I received a text from someone in a pretty tight circle...it wasn't definitive, but as close as you can get. I hope he mis-heard....but it doesn't sound good...at all.

Sounds as if he WAS conscious at some point directly after....so THAT is definitely a "ray"...
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Max. wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
Max. wrote:
Hopefully the harness and the cage did their job.

Unfortunately there is only so much they can prevent....they can/will keep you in place (Dale didn't use all he could/should have) but nothing can prevent your internal organs and brain from smashing against the skull/inside of your body. I received a text from someone in a pretty tight circle...it wasn't definitive, but as close as you can get. I hope he mis-heard....but it doesn't sound good...at all.
Yeah. I was just trying to be optimistic. My dad used to race so I know all about the shitty things that can happen.

As did I....Last thing I have been sent was he WAS alive, and conscious when put into ambulance (even that has had conflictions) and the situation is "dire" at the Trauma Center. So at this point i'm not saying shit else until something is CONFIRMED by team/family or my guy (he isn't there but he built motors for Matt Kenseth for about a decade) without ANY speculation...I shouldn't have commented at all.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

This pic is just ridiculous. Hope he's ok. :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Injuries NON life threatening...

Thank God.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Repeat3peat wrote:Injuries NON life threatening...

Thank God.
Thank the one true God indeed.

:handsup:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

LNS wrote:

Thank God.

How great is our God?

Very great.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

LNS wrote:

Thank God.

He's in "serious" condition....but from what I seen, that's a fuckin miracle in of itself. The dude I know (since we were about 8 years old) original text said he was informed there was no radio response from Newman to his crew directly after the wreck, which is pretty HEAVILY relied upon in those situations. He's from Prairie Du Chien Wi. and is still somewhat "in the loop". As stated, from that and what I seen is what led me to "speculate" a bit which I shouldn't have done. He then hit me back informing me he was indeed conscious.....the next thing was him telling me that there was "only 1 microphone set up for an update they were going to give"....which was a VERY good sign. Now i'm finna see if that has been ran and just what was said.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

Max. wrote:
LNS wrote:

Thank God.

I went and looked at some old racing pics of dad because of this thread. Check out this billboard above him.

"Dirt's for racin'....asphalts for parkin' lots"

:skip:

All my "fun" was done on dirt tracks.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Those cars aren't that fast...
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

After Geoff Bodine lived thru this one, I guess nothing should be a "surprise" tho...Glad all seems to be as well as could be expected.

Watching the engine block roll down the track is still crazy to me.

phpBB [video]