Durant / Thunder 17-6 withOut Westbrook...

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Durant / Thunder 17-6 withOut Westbrook...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

That's a near 61 Win pace... this, after leading OKC to 60 wins last season (when he lost a superstar in Harden) while Lebron gained yet another future HOFER in Allen.

How did Lebron win MVP last year again???

WoW... !!
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Re: Durant / Thunder 17-6 withOut Westbrook...

Post by denali4eva »

Same way Rose won his...WoW!! lol
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

denali4eva wrote:Same way Rose won his...WoW!! lol

Rose led the Bulls to 62 wins with zero all-stars and zero future HOFERS on his team... James won last year with two all-star teammates (and 3 future HOFERS).

Now quit trying to start trouble young lady! :P
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
denali4eva wrote:Same way Rose won his...WoW!! lol

Rose led the Bulls to 62 wins with zero all-stars and zero future HOFERS on his team... James won last year with two all-star teammates (and 3 future HOFERS).

Now quit trying to start trouble young lady! :P
Had to get it in first... ;)
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

James had one of the best ever statistical seasons ever last year, and they were defending champs. I think Durant was close, but how can you sit here and act like LeBron winning it is some snub? Oh, you're trolling, I forgot. Sorry.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

LeBron James earned his four MVPs and two FMVPs.

There is every indication Kevin Durant is on his way to earning his first MVP. He is the currently playing like the best player in the game.

The truth is often boring.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Lebron won the title, Durant got knocked out in the second round. That's why.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Durant this year >>>>> Durant last year

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

AlaskaHawks wrote:James had one of the best ever statistical seasons ever last year, and they were defending champs. I think Durant was close, but how can you sit here and act like LeBron winning it is some snub? Oh, you're trolling, I forgot. Sorry.

Durant's stats were just as good last year... and as was noted LeBron "gained" (yet) another future HOF teammate (to join the other two All-Stars / future HOFERS) while Durant's Thunder "lost" a superstar, yet OKC didn't miss a beat.

In other words Durant did more with (much) less, which makes his Value last year ---> Lebron.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

zombiesonics wrote:Lebron won the title, Durant got knocked out in the second round. That's why.

Except for the fact that MVP has absolutely nothing to do with what happened in the playoffs the year before OR what happens the same season... that's why it's a "regular season" award.

zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

zombiesonics wrote:Lebron won the title, Durant got knocked out in the second round. That's why.

Except for the fact that MVP has absolutely nothing to do with what happened in the playoffs the year before OR what happens the same season... that's why it's a "regular season" award.
Lebron had more wins and better stats.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

zombiesonics wrote:

Lebron had more wins and better stats.

The stats were just about even across the board... and the Heat won 6 more games with vastly superior talent around James. Thus, Durant did more for his team with much less help.

In terms of Value, Durant was ---> Lebron.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

Durant also does/did his work against other real NBA teams.....not the "Blessed Sisters of the poor" Bronze and co. face nightly in the East.....A situation in which he/they colluded to set up "knowing full well" to begin with.

And ahead of time.......No, I don't give a frogs fat ass what their "record against the West" was either....it's nothing more than a Bi-product of not having to beat themselves up every night against real competition like Durant and others in the West.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Jordan420Bulls wrote:

Durant also does/did his work against other real NBA teams.....not the "Blessed Sisters of the poor" Bronze and co. face nightly in the East.....A situation in which he/they colluded to set up that way to begin with.

And ahead of time.......No, I don't give a frogs fat ass what their "record against the West" was....it's nothing more than a Bi-product of not having to beat themselves up every night against real competition like Durant and others in the West.

Excellent point... !!

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Cobra Kai wrote:I didn't know you were such a big Durant fan. Don't make poor Rose jealous. He doesn't have much going for him these days.

Since you asked... in order of importance:

1) I'm a Bulls fan first AND foremost (that includes Bulls players)
2) I'm a fan of the NBA in general (that includes many of the players)
3) I'm a fan of any/every team when they're facing LeBron / Heat

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Madnessssss wrote:imo TDK makes a very good point in the OP and nobody has a valid rebuttal.
Besides the fact that Ray Allen isnt playing anywhere near a all-star, let alone HOF level. I find the future HOFer or "current or former allstars" to be an absolutely horrid argument, I mean steve nash is a former mvp and a future HOFer, is he helping the lakers in any way?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

wailuaFC wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:imo TDK makes a very good point in the OP and nobody has a valid rebuttal.
Besides the fact that Ray Allen isnt playing anywhere near a all-star, let alone HOF level. I find the future HOFer or "current or former allstars" to be an absolutely horrid argument, I mean steve nash is a former mvp and a future HOFer, is he helping the lakers in any way?

He is not. Really. Just a look inside the numbers. 2007 his best stat year. 26 point a game. Playing 40 minutes. Shooting 21 times. This year. 9 points. I hope I have this right 7 shots a game. 27 minutes. Shooting percentage is almost the same. Just saying.