You didn't See MJ colluding with Bird/Magic or Shaq to create an ultra-SuperTeam

Talk about anything here.
DorianRo
Superstar

You didn't See MJ colluding with Bird/Magic or Shaq to create an ultra-SuperTeam

Post by DorianRo »

Why are this generation of snowflakes ok with BS all-star teams of collusion with Lebron/Davis (And all the Stacked teams before to bail him out) , DurCANT/CurryThompson/Irving, Leonard/George etc.. And Do these titles carry less weight?

Jordan colluding equals so many rings multiple HOF;ers together would haven't matched it. Instead... He just made due with what he had and created GREATNESS and a dynasty :noidea:
Last edited by DorianRo on Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Re: You didn't See MJ colluding with Bird/Magic to create an ultra-SuperTeam

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Max. wrote:They carry more weight. You have to beat multiple super teams in order win a championship. Truly the most difficult time to ever play basketball. More advanced schemes, athletes, and overall teams. We are blessed.
Extremely powerful post. Lol at two of MJ's title coming against perennial choke Malone who couldn't get past the first round most years despite playing with Stockton.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: You didn't See MJ colluding with Bird/Magic or Shaq to create an ultra-SuperTeam

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Didn't we go over this in 2010?
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: You didn't See MJ colluding with Bird/Magic or Shaq to create an ultra-SuperTeam

Post by LNS »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Didn't we go over this in 2010?

I seriously thought this was a bumped topic from years back.

:mjlaugh:
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

LNS wrote:

I checked the date as well
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Is this the annual Dorian love-my-MJ-and-90’s-basketball post?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Robceltsfan wrote:Is this the annual Dorian love-my-MJ-and-90’s-basketball post?
I think they are closer to quarterly than annual, but I could be wrong.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

LNS wrote:

Had the same exact thought.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Jordan just had to wait until everyone got old and injured mixed in with some rule changes and then the titles were all his.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

You don’t have to collude when you play in the ‘90s. Garbage era.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

manchild98 wrote:Jordan just had to wait until everyone got old and injured mixed in with some rule changes and then the titles were all his.
Yep. 0-5 vs Boston & Detroit before finally breaking through in a season Bird was on his last legs & Isiah missed 34.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

The fact that he didn't run like a coward to join forces with other superstars (because he wasn't good enough to get it done any other way) is yet another reason why MJ is still universally regarded as the GOAT.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

Y'all should give the ol' Dorian a break because that's all he has to hang his hat on... :lol:
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:The fact that he didn't run like a coward to join forces with other superstars (because he wasn't good enough to get it done any other way) is yet another reason why MJ is still universally regarded as the GOAT.
“didn’t run like a coward”

:pjaxlol:

He QUIT. Because he couldn’t handle pressure. The definition of running like a coward.
ROFL
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I don't think MJ would've left (he mentioned the Knicks/teaming up with Ewing after his first retirement, but I think he mostly wanted more money). That said, free agency didn't exist until 1988 really (not so much of a factor for MJ, but others before him).