Looks like artman is back to being unemployed again lol

Talk about anything here.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: Looks like artman is back to being unemployed again lol

Post by elartman1973 »

Dagger wrote:Honest question - in general, does anyone outside of serious corporate/political/medical/prestige positions (corporate law, finance, tech, doctors, etc) or low income laborers who desperately need the money actually regularly work 80 hour weeks? We all know artman is not the former, and his income claims clearly suggest he’s not the latter, so then.... why the alleged 13-14 hour days?
I work 12 hour days..anything more they have to pay double time. I also work weekends when required.
Do the math...base pay for 8 hours a day, over time anything after 8 hours...overtime all day on day 6 in a row which is Saturdays and double time on day 7 which is Sunday's...base pay is already very high to begin with

Lawyers and doctors regularly work 80 hours a week..as do actors and directors and cameramen and scenic like me...stop acting like a dick..I don't desperately need the money.I'm not poor and very far from low pay...I'm on pace to be in the top 5% for the year so.stop being stupid.
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LNS wrote:
Dagger wrote:Honest question - in general, does anyone outside of serious corporate/political/medical/prestige positions (corporate law, finance, tech, doctors, etc) or low income laborers who desperately need the money actually regularly work 80 hour weeks? We all know artman is not the former, and his income claims clearly suggest he’s not the latter, so then.... why the alleged 13-14 hour days?

Because of deadlines probably. In the film industry they’re constantly under the gun to stay within budget, anything over the contracted timeframe usually results in paying out the ass to the union workers. So it’s not unheard of for companies to crack the whip. I used to work postproduction for a film lab and we’d constantly have 7 day weeks in order to meet our deadlines.
Our producer just got fired for overspending...means our hours will probably go down to 50 your weeks ..which means longer production..either way I'm cool with it..I can use more time off..the money is still great and I have another production starting in January so I would like a month off in between but I don't see it happening

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Artie, do they sometimes pull you off painting duty to fill in at the concession stand when they are unusually backed up?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote:Artie, do they sometimes pull you off painting duty to fill in at the concession stand when they are unusually backed up?
You're dumb

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Are you still pretending to work on movie sets Raf?
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Are you still pretending to work on movie sets Raf?
You still pretending I don't?

Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

It's good to have Artman posting regularly again to start the week, he really keeps this place moving.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bartman wrote:It's good to have Artman posting regularly again to start the week, he really keeps this place moving.
Ill be busier tomorrow. I was just on set standby today. Which means I just sit there on set during shooting in case the director wants to make a scenic change to the scene..like more aging, color alterations, etc...
So I'm on my phone all day and raiding the cast services buffet on set table. I would doodle in a sketchbook but the entire set is dark except for the lights where they are filming....LMD fixes old women's computers for a living

Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

elartman1973 wrote:
Bartman wrote:It's good to have Artman posting regularly again to start the week, he really keeps this place moving.
Ill be busier tomorrow. I was just on set standby today. Which means I just sit there on set during shooting in case the director wants to make a scenic change to the scene..like more aging, color alterations, etc...
So I'm on my phone all day and raiding the cast services buffet on set table. I would doodle in a sketchbook but the entire set is dark except for the lights where they are filming....LMD fixes old women's computers for a living

The venom you receive from LMD is just plain jealousy. I don't think it's just the job either, I think his growing bald patch at the back of his head from steroid use while you have a full head of hair has him envious. Imagine if you lost most of your hair at such an early age, you would be lashing out at people too.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bartman wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:

The venom you receive from LMD is just plain jealousy. I don't think it's just the job either, I think his growing bald patch at the back of his head from steroid use while you have a full head of hair has him envious. Imagine if you lost most of your hair at such an early age, you would be lashing out at people too.
Not to mention his small penis as a result of long term steroid abuse....he's clearly insecure, otherwise he wouldn't even use steroids...what a loser

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

lol I know the theme park hustle you're involved in tits and it is seasonal work. I went to high school with a couple of losers who touch up rides and shit like that as well. You'll be in the bread line until Spring :lol:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Kobeunderbite wrote:lol I know the theme park hustle you're involved in tits and it is seasonal work. I went to high school with a couple of losers who touch up rides and shit like that as well. You'll be in the bread line until Spring :lol:
Moron..it doesn't work like that at all...there are full time painters doing that year round that work for the theme.parks and they get paid like 5 times less than me .I don't touch up anything. I create brand new attractions that they touch up later after wear and tear..and I sculpt cement as well as paint it for the first time. Youre utterly clueless as fuck about this topic.
And I've been working in film again since rejoining the union. I work on tv and movie sets not theme parks. This is also vastly over your head. And I also create museum exhibits and restoration of historic sites. as well as high end night clubs and bars and restaurants. You know nothing about the industry at all or the pay. Stay in your jew lane
If I got paid what I have been getting paid the past 3 months, year round then I make $180k a year...thing is I have this work lined up for another 14 months...at the very least.wrecked

Dagger
Superstar

Post by Dagger »

elartman1973 wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:lol I know the theme park hustle you're involved in tits and it is seasonal work. I went to high school with a couple of losers who touch up rides and shit like that as well. You'll be in the bread line until Spring :lol:
Moron..it doesn't work like that at all...there are full time painters doing that year round that work for the theme.parks and they get paid like 5 times less than me .I don't touch up anything. I create brand new attractions that they touch up later after wear and tear..and I sculpt cement as well as paint it for the first time. Youre utterly clueless as fuck about this topic.
And I've been working in film again since rejoining the union. I work on tv and movie sets not theme parks. This is also vastly over your head. And I also create museum exhibits and restoration of historic sites. as well as high end night clubs and bars and restaurants. You know nothing about the industry at all or the pay. Stay in your jew lane
If I got paid what I have been getting paid the past 3 months, year round then I make $180k a year...thing is I have this work lined up for another 14 months...at the very least.wrecked
Post a PID-redacted paystub, easy
"Immigrants - we get the job done!"

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Dagger wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
Why?
This board wouldn't understand. I have 4 Seperate pay rates on there..Its soooo over their heads its ridiculous.
It does suck that I pay 4 figures to uncle Sam out of each check....

Dagger
Superstar

Post by Dagger »

elartman1973 wrote:
Dagger wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Moron..it doesn't work like that at all...there are full time painters doing that year round that work for the theme.parks and they get paid like 5 times less than me .I don't touch up anything. I create brand new attractions that they touch up later after wear and tear..and I sculpt cement as well as paint it for the first time. Youre utterly clueless as fuck about this topic.
Why?
This board wouldn't understand. I have 4 Seperate pay rates on there..Its soooo over their heads its ridiculous.
It does suck that I pay 4 figures to uncle Sam out of each check....
I think we could figure it out
"Immigrants - we get the job done!"

Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Artman always struck me as a lawyer...
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Thedictator wrote:
Its amazing how stupid you are that you don't understand deadlines and budgets.
Wow

Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

elartman1973 wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Its amazing how stupid you are that you don't understand deadlines and budgets.
Wow
What does that have to do with you being a lawyer lol
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

elartman1973 wrote:
lol. Kid, I KNOW about your theme park hustle. Type yourself out but it doesn't change shit. You're not some hot shot, you're a blue collar guy racking up as many hours of honest work while he can before things go cold.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
lol. Kid, I KNOW about your theme park hustle. Type yourself out but it doesn't change shit. You're not some hot shot, you're a blue collar guy racking up as many hours of honest work while he can before things go cold.
You continue proving how desperately clueless you are on the topic...you know absolutely jack shit about theme parks or how and who paints them..utterless clueless.
There's no such thing as seasonal.work dumbfuck.
And I don't touch up theme park rides..you're beyond stupid and embarrassing yourself