Watching Endgame

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: Watching Endgame

Post by Da Stars. »

First hour and a half was boring as fuck. The ending was great.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I was hoping Dr. Strange was going to flex more in the final battle.

Alas, he did not.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

The Hulk was significantly more disappointing than Dr. Strange.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Yeah, the Hulk is the only character that I felt majorly let down by, with the understanding of the constraints of the movie. I'm rolling with Dr. Strange as my favorite character so I just wanted to fanboy/girl out...but it probably didn't make sense within the context of the story.

But man, during the regathering of the heroes before the final battle...I get crazy hyped.

I can't even imagine what it would be like for an old-school comic book person.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

The more I thought about the Hulk thing (which I agree sucked) I thought that he was only Professor Hulk so he could undo the first snap and be Banner while having the powers of Hulk. Even still, they could have had Captain Marvel do that instead.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Thor was the big disaster. After they made him more epic than I thought possible in Infinity War they turn him into a goober. The entire Asgard sequence should have been a serious conversation between he and Odin. So much potential wasted.

Hulk I had written off a long time ago anyway so I just couldn't be disappointed by him.

Then there's the girl power bit and various other annoyances. I don't know why but I get caught up on Endgame's flaws and forgive almost every one from Infinity War.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bush4Ever. wrote:Yeah, the Hulk is the only character that I felt majorly let down by, with the understanding of the constraints of the movie. I'm rolling with Dr. Strange as my favorite character so I just wanted to fanboy/girl out...but it probably didn't make sense within the context of the story.

But man, during the regathering of the heroes before the final battle...I get crazy hyped.

I can't even imagine what it would be like for an old-school comic book person.

I personally nerd out more on Thor's arrival in Wakanda. Can't get over some of the convolutedness behind the portals sequence whereas the Thor-Wakanda scene is built up and paced completely flawlessly.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Thor was the big disaster. After they made him more epic than I thought possible in Infinity War they turn him into a goober. The entire Asgard sequence should have been a serious conversation between he and Odin. So much potential wasted.

Hulk I had written off a long time ago anyway so I just couldn't be disappointed by him.

Then there's the girl power bit and various other annoyances. I don't know why but I get caught up on Endgame's flaws and forgive almost every one from Infinity War.
Why was Thor still worthy of the hammer (in Asgard) despite being a whimpering mound of jiggly fat?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bush4Ever. wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:Thor was the big disaster. After they made him more epic than I thought possible in Infinity War they turn him into a goober. The entire Asgard sequence should have been a serious conversation between he and Odin. So much potential wasted.

Why was Thor still worthy of the hammer (in Asgard) despite being a whimpering mound of jiggly fat?
He's still pure of heart I guess, or something? He reclaiming mjolnjr and the early start on "come and get your love" was actually one of my favorite parts of the movie. It's funny that they saved the dramatic Avengers theme bit for the portals scene but that left Cap wielding mjolnjr without any epic accompanying score.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
Bush4Ever. wrote:

He's still pure of heart I guess, or something? He reclaiming mjolnjr and the early start on "come and get your love" was actually one of my favorite parts of the movie. It's funny that they saved the dramatic Avengers theme bit for the portals scene but that left Cap wielding mjolnjr without any epic accompanying score.

One of those Thor scenes reminded me of me. You know the drunk part. :suds:
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

The more I think about that movie the more I disliked it but I guess that's the case with movies that are there to appeal to the masses. My 1st viewing was fun second not so much. And the more I talk about the film it gets worse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

elmerjfudd wrote:The more I think about that movie the more I disliked it but I guess that's the case with movies that are there to appeal to the masses. My 1st viewing was fun second not so much. And the more I talk about the film it gets worse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't go this far but I do hear what you're saying. Like a Nolan or JJ Abrams movie.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

This is why Disney should not have the rights to the Hulk or should have all the rights. Half assing with certain characters is shitty. Stan Lee is rolling over in his grave
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

I liked Infinity War better, but maybe that was due to expectations.
Dagger
Superstar

Post by Dagger »

I met waiting for some reasonable enough method (just not a training montage) for Thor to get back in Infinity War shape, and Hulk to become real Hulk, and was surprised neither happened. Didn’t really care about underutilization of Dr. Strange or some other non-original Avengers because the others will continue on. The all-female attack was hokey. Thor into Wakanda and Thor gets his powers back are two of my favorite Marvel scenes period.

I forgive some of this BS because overall it was great, the final battle by and large didn’t disappoint, Thor and Captain taking on Thanos was epic.
"Immigrants - we get the job done!"