Bush, what's it like having an absolute LOSER in your avi?

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Bush, what's it like having an absolute LOSER in your avi?

Post by CleveTown™ »

his first minute in the UFC was about as bad as one could expect. Not looking too good for your hero.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Bush, what's it like having an absolute LOSER in your avi?

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Ben Askren is an American hero. And a very intelligent, talented, and handsome man.

It's always weird to me when people promote the first minute of that fight and pretend like the rest of the fight didn't exist.

As if Askren didn't base out, get back to his feet, close distance, get a takedown, nearly take the back, and transition into a bulldog choke almost immediately afterwards.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Bush4Ever. wrote:Ben Askren is an American hero. And a very intelligent, talented, and handsome man.

It's always weird to me when people promote the first minute of that fight and pretend like the rest of the fight didn't exist.

As if Askren didn't base out, get back to his feet, close distance, get a takedown, nearly take the back, and transition into a bulldog choke almost immediately afterwards.
Oh please. Ben got rag dolled and slammed on his head and then mauled. Herb could have called that fight EASILY but would have gotten chewed out by Dana. Any other fighter Lawler would have gotten the TKO. Besides Lawler never went out, again, Herb saved Ben.

Should we even bring up the amateur (stupid) move going for the legs during a mid flight flying knee from Masvidal?
:mjlaugh:

He won't cut it in the UFC.
January 7th. (D)
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

I don't know who it is but he looks like a retard.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

CleveTown™ wrote:autistic trolling
zzzzzzzzzz
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

I gotta agree with Clevey TBH... I like Askren but he has looked bad in both fights so far. Guy looked terrible in a win, a disputed win at that... and then he set a record for getting KTFO in his second fight lmao
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

LNS wrote:I gotta agree with Clevey TBH... I like Askren but he has looked bad in both fights so far. Guy looked terrible in a win, a disputed win at that... and then he set a record for getting KTFO in his second fight lmao
I mean, NOBODY knows MMA like ole' Bushy...

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rileymartin wrote:
LNS wrote:I gotta agree with Clevey TBH... I like Askren but he has looked bad in both fights so far. Guy looked terrible in a win, a disputed win at that... and then he set a record for getting KTFO in his second fight lmao

You’re right it’s totally KUB pulling a fast one.

You figured it out yet again Riley.

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

LNS wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

You’re right it’s totally KUB pulling a fast one.

You figured it out yet again Riley.

"Undies would never try to troll me, I sick his dick all the time"

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Dude loses once in his professional career and people are calling him a loser.

Lol
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Dude loses once in his professional career and people are calling him a loser.

Lol
it's all the build up, all the talk and hype and then he didn't even come close to living up to expectations and has looked severely outmatched.

If he comes out against some weak scrub which Dana will probably set him up with next and dominates, I might look his way again.
January 7th. (D)
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

His face definitely belongs in the Punchable faces thread.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

rileymartin wrote:

Idk why but this made me laugh. :lol:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Yes, if you literally ignore him literally winning and literally submitting (and all the work therein) a not-too-distant champion inside a round, he indeed looked terrible.

He looked very bad (briefly) and then amazing in the Lawler fight.

He quite literally went from one extreme to a submission finish in less than a half-a-round.

He's faced two borderline top 5 guys. Finished the first in a somewhat unusual sequence. Got finished by the second in a once-in-a-career move.

We'll know after the next two fights what he has left in the tank. It's been a very unusual and very mixed bag so far.
CleveTown™ wrote:
it's all the build up, all the talk and hype and then he didn't even come close to living up to expectations and has looked severely outmatched.

If he comes out against some weak scrub which Dana will probably set him up with next and dominates, I might look his way again.
Again, he *actually* (not hypothetically) finished a recent world champion inside a round.

It's simply a lie to pretend like he's been outmatched with any type of totality since coming to the UFC. Mind you, he's coming over post-prime after an undefeated championship career in the second biggest MMA organization in the world, followed by at worst the fourth biggest. This is all after a historically good collegiate wrestling career, and the Olympics.

By the way, his next fight is against Demian Maia.