Jordan Haters.

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Jordan Haters.

Post by Da Stars. »

Certain shit gets old. Why does Magic and Zeke not take the same shit for winning a ring during the same expansion era that MJ did? This should be interesting.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Re: Jordan Haters.

Post by wailuaFC »

To be fair, the lakers won only one championship after 87, so I don't think expansion has much to do with magics legacy. However both of zekes titles came after then, so I guess it would be fair to hold it against him I just think no one does as he isn't in the discussion as one of the all time greats
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Magic and Zeke weren't as overhyped as Jordan.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

zombiesonics wrote:Magic and Zeke weren't as overhyped as Jordan.

Magic no doubt was.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

What Jordan Haters fail to realize is that the Bulls didn't face expansion teams in the Playoffs / Finals... on the contrary they dominated the best-of-the-best.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:What Jordan Haters fail to realize is that the Bulls didn't face expansion teams in the Playoffs / Finals... on the contrary they dominated the best-of-the-best.
I remember the Heat being eliminated at least twice by Jordan led bulls teams in the playoffs. Is that something you forgot number1lebronfan?
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I like Jordan. Best guard in NBA history.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:What Jordan Haters fail to realize is that the Bulls didn't face expansion teams in the Playoffs / Finals... on the contrary they dominated the best-of-the-best.

Maybe you should look again. I count 7 times. But yes expansion teams were getting great draft picks and some decent players from NBA teams.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

ripper76 wrote:
I remember the Heat being eliminated at least twice by Jordan led bulls teams in the playoffs. Is that something you forgot number1lebronfan?
The Bulls themselves were an expansion team.....at what point does a franchise cease being an "expansion team"...?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:

I remember it very well, slipper... in fact I was at Game 3 of the 97 ECF (in Miami) to witness the Bulls' thoroughly beat-down. Me and my cousin were laughing at all you terrible Heat "fans" bailing on your team midway through the 4th with the Bulls up by like 25 (and about to go up 3-0 in the series against an excellent Heat team).

Most of you Heat "fans" were a joke then, and you're still a joke today.

:lol:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

Jordan420Bulls wrote:
ripper76 wrote:
The Bulls themselves were an expansion team.....at what point does a franchise cease being an "expansion team"...?
I guess you'd have to ask number1lebronfan. He's the one who wanted to make the point that "the Bulls didn't face expansion teams in the Playoffs." The Hornets and Heat came into the NBA in 88-89. The Wolves and Magic came into the league in 89-90. The bulls won their first championship in 90-91. It was certainly a time of expansion.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Da Stars. wrote:

Maybe you should look again. I count 7 times. But yes expansion teams were getting great draft picks and some decent players from NBA teams.
What I meant is that the Bulls weren't facing bottom-feeder teams in the playoffs, even though expansion was taking place.

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

What I meant is that the Bulls weren't facing bottom-feeder teams in the playoffs, even though expansion was taking place.
So the 38-44 Heat team the bulls played in the '92 playoffs were a seasoned playoff juggernaut? That always was my favorite Heat team. Glad you like them too number1lebronfan.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:
ripper76 wrote: I remember the Heat being eliminated at least twice by Jordan led bulls teams in the playoffs. Is that something you forgot number1lebronfan?
I guess you'd have to ask number1lebronfan. He's the one who wanted to make the point that "the Bulls didn't face expansion teams in the Playoffs." The Hornets and Heat came into the NBA in 88-89. The Wolves and Magic came into the league in 89-99. The bulls won their first championship in 90-91. It was certainly a time of expansion.

They didn't face those teams when they first came into the league slipper, because those expansion teams weren't good enough to make the playoffs. The Heat were in the league 4 years before the Bulls faced them in the postseason... Minny took 8 years to make the playoffs, the Magic 5 years, et al.

By that time they weren't 18-20 win a year "expansion" teams, which is what I meant in my first post on the topic.

I should have spelled it out more clearly, knowing you're a simpleton.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
So the 38-44 Heat team the bulls played in the '92 playoffs were a seasoned playoff juggernaut? That always was my favorite Heat team. Glad you like them too number1lebronfan.

You really want to scrutinize the Playoff competition the Bulls faced year-by-year in the 90's zipper?

Yes, in 92 the Bulls faced your 38 win Heat. But then they went on to beat the 51 win Knicks, 57 win Cavs and 64 win Blazers . Last year your Heat didn't face a 50 win team until the Finals (ROFL)... talk about weak ass competition... and the EC has been the weakest it's ever been over the last 5-10 years.

70% of Jordan's playoff opponents won 50 or more games... 25% won 60 or more games. In 93, 96 and 97 the Bulls faced two (2) 60+ win teams en route to the Championship.

The Playoff competition MJ faced in the "expansion era" was vastly superior to what the Heat have faced the last 4 years...

Now go make me a sammich fool, before I slap you around some more.

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

"the Bulls didn't face expansion teams in the Playoffs."

The lies never end.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:"the Bulls didn't face expansion teams in the Playoffs."

The lies never end.

I already explained the fact that I should have spelled it out better for your simple mind... now let's talk about the (alleged) weak expansion era competition Jordan faced in the playoffs vs. the competition your Heat have faced the last 4 years.

Do you have the sack to discuss that topic, or will you continue to deflect like the coward that I have exposed you to be (dozens of times in the past)?

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

"the Bulls didn't face expansion teams in the Playoffs."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:"the Bulls didn't face expansion teams in the Playoffs."

I'll take that as your waving of the white flag of defeat at the hands of TDK... what else is new, eh?

:lol:

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

"Alright, if that's the way you guys want it on this board don't say I didn't warn you!"