Richard Sherman owns and destroys this board.

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Richard Sherman owns and destroys this board.

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

When I see Richard Sherman on television, whether being an ass and ripping Skip Bayless, being an ass and acting a fool to Tom Brady or Crabtree, being an ass in a postgame interview, etc... it always seems like I'm watching an Internet troll blown up into real life.

All the same antics are in play...
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Re: Richard Sherman owns and destroys this board.

Post by CleveTown™ »

he's an idiot
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CleveTown™ wrote:he's an idiot

Reason #23 why he's a real-life Internet troll.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

I'm not the biggest fan of trash talking, but I don't see what he said that was so wrong. He just made a huge play that sealed an NFC Championship game win, and people act like he shouldn't be amped. I can imagine how much talk was coming from Crab and others earlier in the game too. All good as long as you back it up.

GO HAWKS
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

AlaskaHawks wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of trash talking, but I don't see what he said that was so wrong. He just made a huge play that sealed an NFC Championship game win, and people act like he shouldn't be amped. I can imagine how much talk was coming from Crab and others earlier in the game too. All good as long as you back it up.

GO HAWKS
"amped" and roid rage are two different things.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

CleveTown™ wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of trash talking, but I don't see what he said that was so wrong. He just made a huge play that sealed an NFC Championship game win, and people act like he shouldn't be amped. I can imagine how much talk was coming from Crab and others earlier in the game too. All good as long as you back it up.

GO HAWKS
"amped" and roid rage are two different things.

k
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

GO HAWKS

Trash talking is between the players. That's what they do. It's what ALL of them do, to some degree. Taking what's said between players and bringing it public?

Meh.

Again... back to Sherman being a real-life Internet troll, that's like taking a personal message and taking it public. Or, making 100 predictions or stupid comments... then rubbing the one correct one in everybody's face over and over again, or claiming a poster said something that they might not have over and over again.

I'm telling you. He's a world-class troll.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

GO HAWKS

Trash talking is between the players. That's what they do. It's what ALL of them do, to some degree. Taking what's said between players and bringing it public?

Meh.

Again... back to Sherman being a real-life Internet troll, that's like taking a personal message and taking it public. Or, making 100 predictions or stupid comments... then rubbing the one correct one in everybody's face over and over again, or claiming a poster said something that they might not have over and over again.

Disagree with that. I don't think he's trolling. Crab was talking a ton of shit in the offseason, and said some personal things. Sherm wouldn't have wanted to make the play against anyone else. Fuck the Niners.
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

GO HAWKS

Meh.

Disagree with that. I don't think he's trolling. Crab was talking a ton of shit in the offseason, and said some personal things. Sherm wouldn't have wanted to make the play against anyone else. Fuck the Niners.

Sherman has shown he's a self-promoting ass several times now. His beef with Crabtree is simply the latest example. It's his act.

It's working. Wonders.

This pushes him to the top of the well-known defensive players in the league now. And isn't that part of his goal?
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Meh.

Sherman has shown he's a self-promoting ass several times now. His beef with Crabtree is simply the latest example. It's his act.

It's working. Wonders.

This pushes him to the top of the well-known defensive players in the league now. And isn't that part of his goal?
His 20 interceptions in 3 years after getting drafted in the 5th round, is why he's well known. When Michael Jordan was talking shit nobody seemed to have a problem with it. I don't get whats bad about telling a reporter that you're the best in the game, if you are. People are getting really sensitive about a couple of comments that really weren't that bad.
Bill Russell

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

And naturally, there's a lot of people this morning who'll be mysteriously making their Twitters private or offline after spewing their racist hate toward Sherman. Great country.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:And naturally, there's a lot of people this morning who'll be mysteriously making their Twitters private or offline after spewing their racist hate toward Sherman. Great country.

I saw a few of them last night. It's amazing how keyboard warriors are so brave behind their screens.
Bill Russell

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Also seems like the people calling Sherman "classless" seem to have no problem with Seahwak fans throwing food at the 49ers player carted off the field after snapping his leg in half.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote: Disagree with that. I don't think he's trolling. Crab was talking a ton of shit in the offseason, and said some personal things. Sherm wouldn't have wanted to make the play against anyone else. Fuck the Niners.

It's working. Wonders.

His 20 interceptions in 3 years after getting drafted in the 5th round, is why he's well known. When Michael Jordan was talking shit nobody seemed to have a problem with it. I don't get whats bad about telling a reporter that you're the best in the game, if you are. People are getting really sensitive about a couple of comments that really weren't that bad.

I think football fans know how good he is. But he's moving into another stratosphere now with his comments before the Super Bowl. Being taken in the 5th round is almost immaterial for most, if not all, of the casual fans or non-hardcore fans. Now, even non-football fans know who he is. That was my point.

And, sorry... Michael Jordan never acted like an ass like Sherman did. Did he chase down Craig Ehlo or Bryon Russell after scoring those buckets on them to talk trash? You know that two aren't comparable (and I'm NOT a Jordan fan.) He talked plenty of trash... on the court. Larry Bird talked trash. A lot of greats did. They didn't try to deliberately call them out in public. Big difference.

And we know you're a Hawks fan who is still riding high on a great win and Super Bowl appearance. That may be skewing your take here just a bit.
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

Lol@ the pussy hurt cock goblins who think Sherman should be suspended for the SuperBowl over his post game comments. These same dick suckers rally behind the likes of Imus and that racist bitch on Fox and Friends though. I cracked a fuckin rib laughing at his comments.

Don't you ever send a sorry receiver at the best in the game.

Classic.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Also seems like the people calling Sherman "classless" seem to have no problem with Seahwak fans throwing food at the 49ers player carted off the field after snapping his leg in half.

Classlessness guises itself in many forms, at different decibels. Some might take more exception to what Welker did to Talib on an illegal pick play that the refs turned a blind eye to, resulting in a game ending injury for NE's best defensive player. But hey, it's a little white guy in Denver who isn't screaming LOB into a microphone, so Joe Schmoe on twitter is probably completely unaware of it until Belicek breaks his media silence policy for once.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... feafdd1394
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

Tom Brady running up to a ref and screaming obscenities at him just highlights how he is a fiery competitor. Big difference between that and shouting LOB like this dusky hued beast.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Belichick crying foul because another team plays dirty is hilarious.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Ali Natural wrote:Tom Brady running up to a ref and screaming obscenities at him just highlights how he is a fiery competitor. Big difference between that and shouting LOB like this dusky hued beast.
lol.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

It's working. Wonders.

I think football fans know how good he is. But he's moving into another stratosphere now with his comments before the Super Bowl. Being taken in the 5th round is almost immaterial for most, if not all, of the casual fans or non-hardcore fans. Now, even non-football fans know who he is. That was my point.

And, sorry... Michael Jordan never acted like an ass like Sherman did. Did he chase down Craig Ehlo or Bryon Russell after scoring those buckets on them to talk trash? You know that two aren't comparable (and I'm NOT a Jordan fan.) He talked plenty of trash... on the court. Larry Bird talked trash. A lot of greats did. They didn't try to deliberately call them out in public. Big difference.

And we know you're a Hawks fan who is still riding high on a great win and Super Bowl appearance. That may be skewing your take here just a bit.
Jordan even called people out in his HOF speech. I think you're not really being truthful to act like Jordan didn't call people out in public. Not to mention, you can hear what is said on the basketball court from the seats, and sometimes on TV. Not so much in football. Jordan was a known trash talking asshole, and took it to pretty personal levels at times. He even killed Mugsy's career with his trash talk.

When Johnny was coaching with the Hornets in 1995 they had a good team. Glen Rice, Mourning, Johnson. Series was tied at 2 and Hornets had a chance to win game 5 in Chicago. On the biggest possession of the game, Mugsy had the ball with the Hornets down 1. Jordan backed off of him and told him: “shoot it you f—ing midget.” Mugsy shot it, didn’t come close. A year later Mugsy actually told Johnny Bach that he believes that single play ruined his career. His shot never recovered.
Bill Russell