The Captain Marvel Issue

Talk about anything here.
Ali Natural
Superstar

The Captain Marvel Issue

Post by Ali Natural »

YouTubers are posting about this movie non-stop. So my guess is none of the alpha’s on this board are going to see it even if they have daughters begging to take them.

Is it the character itself or the actress that most turned you high-t manly men against this movie?
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: The Captain Marvel Issue

Post by LNS »

I’m seeing it. Got two daughters that I’m sure will love it.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I'm not against the movie per se, I'm against the reality that this is the first *truly* shoehorned hero to be forced into the MCU. Captain Marvel the character simply isn't deserving of this 'spot,' or a leadership role or a prominent role in these films, or of the killing blow on Thanos. It just doesn't make much sense, and it feels like Disney spun the diversity wheel in their boardroom and it finally landed on 'woman lead.'

I'm sure it's an adequate enough movie, even if it's the lowest RT score for a Marvel movie since 2015 and threatening to become the first sub-80 score since Age of Ultron.
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

In the comics Nebula and Adam Warlock are the two key players in stopping Thanos. Is it really that big a deal if it’s Nebula and Captain Marvel instead?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Ali Natural wrote:In the comics Nebula and Adam Warlock are the two key players in stopping Thanos. Is it really that big a deal if it’s Nebula and Captain Marvel instead?

You might be slightly retarded, you don't spend 10 years building an arc around Cap, Thor and Iron Man only to have them take a backseat to Captain f'n Marvel in the ultimate moment. Adam Warlock and Nebula had a part to play in the comics, they didn't show up at the last moment, that you can't understand the difference here is what makes me think you're mentally impaired.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

:biggums:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Isn't Marvel about money/business above all else. I know it's already insanely popular and successful... but by kowtowing to 50% of the populace (the part that is not as captivated by Marvel yet) really a bad business decision?

Granted, there will be some short-term hitback, which apparently is here now.

But won't those hardcore fans still turn out to watch the next Avengers movie or whatever? (and now... maybe along with another 2M young girls who are also super duper into it now thanks to Captain marvel?)
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Madnessssss wrote:
Screenshot_20190308-084638_Chrome.jpg
Looks like Kevin Feige has completely shit the bed. Last movie to see a backlash like this is one of the recent star wars movies, and now that whole franchise has had to pump the breaks.
I've been saying it looked awful from the very first trailer, and we had people on here saying it looked great lol.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
Ali Natural wrote:In the comics Nebula and Adam Warlock are the two key players in stopping Thanos. Is it really that big a deal if it’s Nebula and Captain Marvel instead?

You might be slightly retarded, you don't spend 10 years building an arc around Cap, Thor and Iron Man only to have them take a backseat to Captain f'n Marvel in the ultimate moment. Adam Warlock and Nebula had a part to play in the comics, they didn't show up at the last moment, that you can't understand the difference here is what makes me think you're mentally impaired.

I see you are very sensitive to this issue.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

In only sorta related news... I recently watched Wonder Woman.

And I fell asleep during parts of it.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Image

:biggums:
:biggums: :biggums: :rosenew: :kdudarealmvp: :timspooked: :vince: :daj: :skip2:
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:won't those hardcore fans still turn out to watch the next Avengers movie or whatever? (and now... maybe along with another 2M young girls who are also super duper into it now thanks to Captain marvel?)
There is already a sense of 'well, this is it' with Endgame wrapping the universe 'as we know it' and representing the swan song for some mainstays in the cast while resetting the board/core members of the team.

Captain Marvel waltzing into an Avengers leadership role while being heralded as the strongest member of the group (after other members of the group came together organically/tastefully) feels forced and just kind of underlines that feeling of the glory days being gone moving forward in the universe. That is the feeling that most 'hardcore' fans have, based on what I've seen.

However, and this is important, Marvel can and will overwhelm those negative feelings when they successfully re-introduce the X-Men and Fantastic Four. The hype train there while run over the Endgame blues so powerfully that even if we've already experienced the peak-peak of the franchise, there will still be plenty of successes to come.

This is the key difference between the Marvel and Star Wars universes. Star Wars is rightfully seen dumb and played out right now, which is why they are struggling to overcome the massive fumbles that were Last Jedi and Solo. They don't have a bank of characters and stories to draw from that pique mainstream interest and they are in the negatives in terms of goodwill among fans. Marvel, on the other hand, has more goodwill built among core fans than any film franchise ever and basically just DOUBLED its list of recognizable, popular characters and stories to use in these movies.

Basically Marvel will have its cake and eat it too by pandering to new demos with Captain Marvel-type films while keeping core white nationalist fans coming back for more with new offerings.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Ali Natural wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

I see you are very sensitive to this issue.

You're welcome for helping you understand.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:won't those hardcore fans still turn out to watch the next Avengers movie or whatever? (and now... maybe along with another 2M young girls who are also super duper into it now thanks to Captain marvel?)
There is already a sense of 'well, this is it' with Endgame wrapping the universe 'as we know it' and representing the swan song for some mainstays in the cast while resetting the board/core members of the team.

Captain Marvel waltzing into an Avengers leadership role while being heralded as the strongest member of the group (after other members of the group came together organically/tastefully) feels forced and just kind of underlines that feeling of the glory days being gone moving forward in the universe. That is the feeling that most 'hardcore' fans have, based on what I've seen.

However, and this is important, Marvel can and will overwhelm those negative feelings when they successfully re-introduce the X-Men and Fantastic Four. The hype train there while run over the Endgame blues so powerfully that even if we've already experienced the peak-peak of the franchise, there will still be plenty of successes to come.

This is the key difference between the Marvel and Star Wars universes. Star Wars is rightfully seen dumb and played out right now, which is why they are struggling to overcome the massive fumbles that were Last Jedi and Solo. They don't have a bank of characters and stories to draw from that pique mainstream interest and they are in the negatives in terms of goodwill among fans. Marvel, on the other hand, has more goodwill built among core fans than any film franchise ever and basically just DOUBLED its list of recognizable, popular characters and stories to use in these movies.

Basically Marvel will have its cake and eat it too by pandering to new demos with Captain Marvel-type films while keeping core white nationalist fans coming back for more with new offerings.

Ok. So sorta what I said...
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

They're not going to come back for more "because Avengers," they're going to come back for more because there will be "more." Marvel isn't stupid enough to think that they can swap Captain Marvel in for Iron Man and Captain America and everything will be hunky dory. I personally would begin to neglect these movies if that was the plan. They know that they can afford to make these moves because no one is going to not want to see the X-Men, FF, Doctor Doom etc. in this universe.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:In only sorta related news... I recently watched Wonder Woman.

And I fell asleep during parts of it.
I too nodded off. I was surprised after all the hype.
CP looks like a non-theater, see at home flick. If it were of any real quality, it wouldn't be released in early March.
As it is, I’m fairly bored by most heavily CGd movies (and I did graphics for many years). I find they have little heart, humor or soul.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

They're not going to come back for more "because Avengers," they're going to come back for more because there will be "more." Marvel isn't stupid enough to think that they can swap Captain Marvel in for Iron Man and Captain America and everything will be hunky dory. I personally would begin to neglect these movies if that was the plan. They know that they can afford to make these moves because no one is going to not want to see the X-Men, FF, Doctor Doom etc. in this universe.
"or whatever" alluded to other Marvel movies and characters.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

The point is that "or whatever" only became a play after Disney bought Fox.

Shill, no one is afraid of releasing movies in February/March anymore. Good and bad movies get released at any time. They would just never give Captain Marvel the coveted dates that belong to Avengers and Spider-Man. As of right now the movie is overperforming in USA and China and looking like another beast in terms of money.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Kobeunderbite wrote:The point is that "or whatever" only became a play after Disney bought Fox.

Shill, no one is afraid of releasing movies in February/March anymore. Good and bad movies get released at any time. They would just never give Captain Marvel the coveted dates that belong to Avengers and Spider-Man. As of right now the movie is overperforming in USA and China and looking like another beast in terms of money.
It’s not a question of afraid, but there are certain times of the year when shite movies are put out. This is one of them. September is another.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:The point is that "or whatever" only became a play after Disney bought Fox.

It’s not a question of afraid, but there are certain times of the year when shite movies are put out. This is one of them. September is another.

Ok. Have fun in the year 2003, let me know what other formerly conventional lines of thinking you believe in that are long dead.