I am disappointed in the voting this year...

Talk about anything here.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

I am disappointed in the voting this year...

Post by rileymartin »

Seems like a lot of nepotism, buddy voting, and people simply not taking it seriously...There are a few category's that simply aren't correct...

Poster of the year...LNS? No chance...His one moment to shine, the AG fight thread he fucked up because he was simply too lazy....As much as I hate to admit it, Undies was hands down poster of the year this year...

Troll of the year...Not even going to bother explaining this one...Madnesss is the rightful winner....

Thread of the year...This one was a real travesty...Dictasters "I ate Cuban food" thread was easily number 1, and it wasn't even a finalist LOL...

Finally, the big one...Worst poster...The fact that anyone outside of 2 posters even received votes made this a mockery....

Hopefully we all reflect on what we have done to these awards and remember to at least respect the fact that some real time and effort was put into this...
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Re: I am disappointed in the voting this year...

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

The "I ate Cuban food" thread was made in 2017.

Dementia.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

rileymartin wrote:Seems like a lot of nepotism, buddy voting, and people simply not taking it seriously...There are a few category's that simply aren't correct...

Poster of the year...LNS? No chance...His one moment to shine, the AG fight thread he fucked up because he was simply too lazy....As much as I hate to admit it, Undies was hands down poster of the year this year...

Troll of the year...Not even going to bother explaining this one...Madnesss is the rightful winner....

Thread of the year...This one was a real travesty...Dictasters "I ate Cuban food" thread was easily number 1, and it wasn't even a finalist LOL...

Finally, the big one...Worst poster...The fact that anyone outside of 2 posters even received votes made this a mockery....

Hopefully we all reflect on what we have done to these awards and remember to at least respect the fact that some real time and effort was put into this...
Cuban food thread won last year...

I should have been back to back tho, just saying
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

TDK and his domestic partner's bromance did nearly sweep the bromance category though.

Personally, I think the voting was mostly reasonable. Best/thread/troll/worst are not easy categories to vote for, because different people value different things.
Chooch
Legend

Post by Chooch »

KUB is definitely poster of the year

These users thanked the author Chooch for the post:
Da Stars.
Rating: 3.85%
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Is voting closed?

I haven't voted yet. Can I still impact any categories?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:The "I ate Cuban food" thread was made in 2017.

Dementia.
Wasn't aware of that, but in any event, that thread was still very prominent in 2018...
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

rileymartin wrote:

Dementia.
Wasn't aware of that, but in any event, that thread was still very prominent in 2018...
4 of the threads 917 posts were made in 2018.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Dementia.
4 of the threads 917 posts were made in 2018.

:L

:lol:

:oops:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:TDK and his domestic partner's bromance did nearly sweep the bromance category though.

Personally, I think the voting was mostly reasonable. Best/thread/troll/worst are not easy categories to vote for, because different people value different things.
You think it is reasonable that LNS was the best poster in 2018? You think it is reasonable that anyone other than Fragile X or Leoss got votes for worst poster? No, those are not reasonable...

Poster of the year, sure, but the truth is, Undies and I are not exactly buddies, but yet I can still recognize what he achieved this year...

I wasn't aware that the Cuban food thread was from 2017 (Obviously, late 2017, and the first part of 2018 I was dealing with some major issues) so maybe I might be wrong there...
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

This dummy still complaining about the AG Awards.

He didn't even nominate anyone in the nominations thread.

Derp.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

2019 Dementia-Induced Meltdown of the Year:

Riley (nomination)
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

"HOW TF DID DEEZ NOT WIN WORSE POSTER OF THE YEAR!!"
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:2019 Dementia-Induced Meltdown of the Year:

Riley (nomination)
I certainly dropped the ball on the thread of the year for sure...I simply remember seeing that thread pop up on the board throughout the year, or so I thought...Come to find out, they were simply isolated bumps...

In any event, my other assessments are spot on...
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Personally, undies is my poster of the year in my opinion. So I agree with Riley on that topic. The rest, I think he is full of shit.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

rileymartin wrote:
I certainly dropped the ball on the thread of the year for sure...I simply remember seeing that thread pop up on the board throughout the year, or so I thought...Come to find out, they were simply isolated bumps...

In any event, my other assessments are spot on...
It's just not important man. None of this is.

And I say as the looming 2018 Troll of the Year.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Dementia strikes again! :lol:
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Before anyone flips out on me again, I'm not knighting KUB here just because he's head of the cAFLF council among many other things, but you could literally give POY to him any year. He's that good/entertaining. LNS brought the hammer though in 2018 (and prior) in content and volume. He keeps the nighttime posting on lock just as much as day in any topic,and that's maybe where I separated him from the pack. Truth is, I'm good with either Lns, Kub, Bush, or even Abe for POY in any season.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Hasn't KUB won poster of the year before?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

lettherebehouse wrote:Before anyone flips out on me again, I'm not knighting KUB here just because he's head of the cAFLF council among many other things, but you could literally give POY to him any year. He's that good/entertaining. LNS brought the hammer though in 2018 (and prior) in content and volume. He keeps the nighttime posting on lock just as much as day in any topic,and that's maybe where I separated him from the pack. Truth is, I'm good with either Lns, Kub, Bush, or even Abe for POY in any season.
You forgot to like your post House. You would also be a poster who could be poster of the year.