How do these ex-athletes get to professionally comment on sports they didn't play?

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

How do these ex-athletes get to professionally comment on sports they didn't play?

Post by lettherebehouse »

Now when I say professionally comment, I only mean people who get paid for their opinions. Does anyone really give a shit what Jalen Rose has to say about the KC Chiefs offense, what Bob Golic thinks of the Knicks future, or what Keyshawn Johnson thinks of Dave Roberts' bullpen usage?

I don't know if this is just another lol@espn thread, but it seems like every network/radio station does this shit now.

:melo:
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: How do these ex-athletes get to professionally comment on sports they didn't play?

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Those guys know more because they actually played... or something.

Nevermind that many athletes are too dumb to handle a cash register at McDonald's... they're smarter than you or I because they played the game. Nevermind that it's another sport. They know stuff!
Chooch
Legend

Re: How do these ex-athletes get to professionally comment on sports they didn't play?

Post by Chooch »

Because athletes are smawt.

These users thanked the author Chooch for the post:
Da Stars.
Rating: 3.85%
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Man... I never watch Skip and Shannon’s show, but I’ll occasionally see clips of them on YouTube talking about the Lakers so I’ll click on them, and it amazes me that anyone paid Shannon to speak professionally.

“Awww SKKKEEEEIIIIPPP! Why you gots ta say dat ‘bout dat mayne??”

And I wish that^^^^ was me exaggerating but it’s not. Dude sounds like a caricature of jive talking black people.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I agree totally. Bart Scott works on a radio show on WFAN and hearing him try to get involved in the baseball talk is absolute cringe. It's embarrassing.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

I would like to disagree. I don't want Shannon talking about anything. (Nothing) Imagine him selling insurance like Abe does or trimming your hedges like Artman does.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

You guys like my Shannon impression? :D
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

LNS wrote:You guys like my Shannon impression? :D

lol yeah

:nashpoint:
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

Change the channel.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Those guys know more because they actually played... or something.

Nevermind that many athletes are too dumb to handle a cash register at McDonald's... they're smarter than you or I because they played the game. Nevermind that it's another sport. They know stuff!

Downvoted.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

A dislike button here would be so awesome.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Kobeunderbite wrote:A dislike button here would be so awesome.
Can we get one?
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

LNS wrote:Man... I never watch Skip and Shannon’s show, but I’ll occasionally see clips of them on YouTube talking about the Lakers so I’ll click on them, and it amazes me that anyone paid Shannon to speak professionally.

And I wish that^^^^ was me exaggerating but it’s not. Dude sounds like a caricature of jive talking black people.
Shannon is THE worst commentator on TV. He makes Skip look and sound like a Genius. I too wish that was an exaggeration, but.......

He is unwatchable.

:skip:
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Master Spade wrote:
LNS wrote:Man... I never watch Skip and Shannon’s show, but I’ll occasionally see clips of them on YouTube talking about the Lakers so I’ll click on them, and it amazes me that anyone paid Shannon to speak professionally.

Shannon is THE worst commentator on TV. He makes Skip look and sound like a Genius. I too wish that was an exaggeration, but.......

He is unwatchable.

:skip:

Maybe that’s why they hired him lol
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Andre Iguadola was speaking on TNT about the PGA Championship.

Who knows why. :noidea:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills