The quality of the board has gone way down.

Talk about anything here.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Re: The quality of the board has gone way down.

Post by ripper76 »

fpliii wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
fpliii wrote: lol I might've heard him say that, maybe it was after I was already gone though.

I think he was the beginning of the problem though. If he was a Heat fan, then he started it all (along with da_a-man).
KJP was an ardent Heat hater and Jordan jocker. I'm not sure what you 2 are talking about.
He was a big LeBron fan though too, I think he might've been bipolar. Though maybe he was just a fan of them as players? Would explain his hatred for Wade.
TDK was the biggest Lebron fan around for years.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

ripper76 wrote:
fpliii wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote: KJP was an ardent Heat hater and Jordan jocker. I'm not sure what you 2 are talking about.
He was a big LeBron fan though too, I think he might've been bipolar. Though maybe he was just a fan of them as players? Would explain his hatred for Wade.
TDK was the biggest Lebron fan around for years.
He really was. So funny watching him do a 180 as soon as he won a title.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

I know that many of my threads and posts were deleted on ESPN and I never broke rules. Being a Melo fan I would state things about Bron and then pooff!!!

But throughout my life I have been able to be kind and somehow get peeps upset when we discuss things.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

ripper76 wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
fpliii wrote: I started three threads that bothered them:

1) Better PG - Rose or Kyrie?
2) Better scoring performance - Kobe's 81 or MJ's 69?
3) Better first step - Wade or MJ?

All three were polls, with Kyrie, Kobe, Wade winning handily. The third one only lasted a couple weeks, but the other two were around for a good 6-8 months. They'd get bumped regularly, and da_a-man would say shit like "don't say I didn't warn you when you get banned" or "you have it coming, nice knowing you".

kjprocks generally disliked me though, because I like Wade, and he was a big MJ and LeBron guy. I destroyed him a few times by providing stats/evidence exposing some lies/mistakes of his, and he'd flip the fuck out.

As for dw, I again defer to ripper, who has screenshots (or did at some point).

I have no clue to any of this. Just hear say. I do know I had no problem with ESPN until I started bashing LeBron James and the Heat. That is wear my post comes from.
That's when you started making multiple screen names to flag. That was against the rules there and that's why you got banned.

LOL. Idiot. I did not try to make multiple screen names until I was banned.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Either way though, I think we can all agree that we're better off without flagging here.

Now we're all among peers, and there's no Big Brother.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

ahahaa...all riley wanted to do on nbageneral.com was shit on the place, now you're eating your own shit, serves you right...

...many MANY Heat "fans" have been a mess since they started winning...ESPN format changes all the way to closing of the doors...THE, worst violators bar none...now we see how they are without a flag button...
TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

Heat fans were the biggest flaggers on ESPN and it's not even close. Any post remotely negative about Lebron or the Heat disappeared in seconds.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

TheStig wrote:Heat fans were the biggest flaggers on ESPN and it's not even close. Any post remotely negative about Lebron or the Heat disappeared in seconds.
Is that where the current crop of flaggers learned their craft from?
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

The bottom line is that everyone got flagged.

People who got flagged the most were the people who whined the most about it, which was often bulls fans. You can see many of them are still whining about it.

There was almost no active moderation on ESPN that resulted in posts being deleted. It was simply an algorithm based mostly off how often a post got flagged. Older accounts had to be flagged more often. If you got a post deleted and whined about it, that was like blood in the water to sharks. That just drew attention to the fact that you'd cry if your posts got deleted, then everyone would flag you just to see you freak out over and over and over. Then you'd get banned. Then you'd create a new screen name and get banned for having multiple screen names. It was all a self perpetuating cycle that some people to this day haven't figured out.

It was all very simple. If you got mad enough that you were calling ESPN customer service, writing emails to Bob Iger (CEO of Disney), and writing multiple paragraph complaints on the board about how you'd been mistreated, you can be assured that many people thought that was very funny and just flagged you more.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote: You are full of shit just like the rest of the lapdoggies.

You idiots have brought the quality of this board way down. Hoopla got rid of the trash, and, now the cancer is back.

No matter how many times you and the rest of the lapdoggies try to prop up your old, drunken master, everyome sees him for who he is.

I just find it a bit odd that you and many others here suck up to that kind of trash and try to perpetuate him "owning" and "abusing" everyone lol. Stop beins so weak and be your own man for once lapdoggy.
I agree with you to an extent about the hive mindedness on this board, but by making threads like this and constantly talking about lap dogs and what not, you are just causing more of a problem. You complain about there being no good threads and you call (and I agree with it) yourself a knowledgable poster, so start being part of the solution instead of the pollution playa

Well, to be fair, I have never referred to myself as "knowledgeable."

WoW... we finally agree on something...!!!

:lol:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

ripper76 wrote:The bottom line is that everyone got flagged.

People who got flagged the most were the people who whined the most about it, which was often bulls fans. You can see many of them are still whining about it.

There was almost no active moderation on ESPN that resulted in posts being deleted. It was simply an algorithm based mostly off how often a post got flagged. Older accounts had to be flagged more often. If you got a post deleted and whined about it, that was like blood in the water to sharks. That just drew attention to the fact that you'd cry if your posts got deleted, then everyone would flag you just to see you freak out over and over and over. Then you'd get banned. Then you'd create a new screen name and get banned for having multiple screen names. It was all a self perpetuating cycle that some people to this day haven't figured out.

It was all very simple. If you you got mad enough that you were calling ESPN customer service, writing emails to Bob Iger (CEO of Disney), and writing multiple paragraph complaints on the board about how you'd been mistreated, you can be assured that many people thought that was very funny and just flagged you more.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

It would appear that TDK's presence on this board has ruffled the skirts of some posters.

"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:It would appear that TDK's presence on this board has ruffled the skirts of some posters.

Referencing yourself in 3rd person? Dual personality syndrome?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

PhutureDynasty wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:It would appear that TDK's presence on this board has ruffled the skirts of some posters.

Skirt ruffled...??

lol

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:

Skirt ruffled...??
Haha. Just wondering.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

I'd say it has just simply stirred up the follow around high-fiving types into a frenzy. It's cute how that happens. Good for you, buddy.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

LMAO

Betasonics, Ripper, yuh nicca and CrileyMartin are running scared these days. They are getting brutalized in every thread now that the flag feature is gone. yuh nicca and Ripper stooped so low to even fabricate evidence to have me banned because I ruined them time and time again.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

Incognito wrote:LMAO

Betasonics, Ripper, yuh nicca and CrileyMartin are running scared these days. They are getting brutalized in every thread now that the flag feature is gone. yuh nicca and Ripper stooped so low to even fabricate evidence to have me banned because I ruined them time and time again.
[youtube]u0CLdVlJ4eA[/youtube]
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

I found this message from my inbox on ESPN. I think I must have gotten a 48 hour suspension or something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

ripper76 wrote:I found this message from my inbox on ESPN. I think I must have gotten a 48 hour suspension or something.
whoopsie!