Lol @ Germany

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Re: Lol @ Germany

Post by CleveTown™ »

beaners can ball
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

LOL soccer
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Madnessssss wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:LOL soccer
Americans suck dick at soccer. Sad
We'd dominate if our best athletes played.

It's not the first option sport here.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Madnessssss wrote:
We suck at it because we don't care about it, like hockey.

Only our worst athletes play soccer.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Mike Trout would be the greatest soccer player in history.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:

I hate soccer but this statement makes you look like a fool.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Da Stars. wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Madnessssss wrote: Americans suck dick at soccer. Sad

Explain how. No American that's an elite athlete is interested in soccer.

Soccer is for poor countries and gays.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:

Is being poor the reason why blacks don't play hockey? Same argument can be used.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Da Stars. wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:

Is being poor the reason why blacks don't play hockey? Same argument can be used.
Blacks don't live in areas where hockey is popular.

What does that have to do with Americans as a whole being completely uninterested in soccer?

Most of the time what you present as well thought out arguments come across as drunk gibberish, FYI.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:

Blacks don't live in areas where hockey is popular.

What does that have to do with Americans as a whole being completely uninterested in soccer?

Most of the time what you present as well thought out arguments come across as drunk gibberish, FYI.
:mjlaugh:
LACANO
Lord Savior

Post by LACANO »

Soccer is a blue collar sport everywhere in the world except America. If it was readily accessible to more groups of people in this country than we'd dominate the world like in every other sport. Instead, rich, white, unathletic kids play soccer while their athletically superior peers play baseball, football, and basketball.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Madnessssss wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Madnessssss wrote: Americans suck dick at soccer. Sad

We suck at it because we're a weak, beta country.

To be good at basketball, it's a requirement that you're tall, with a few exceptions. If you're 6 foot 8 you only have to compete with the other .00006% of the population that's 6 foot 8 to become good at basketball.

In soccer, height doesn't matter as much, you have to be better than billions of people to be good.

America's average height people are soft, weak betas who can't compete in soccer so they take a bunch of steroids and play baseball.
a very irrational post.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

Why does Madness hate America so much? :| Teams like Spain and Germany are not more athletic than the US. If winning a World Cup came down to who has the best athletes on paper, neither team would be favorites.

Our problem has more to do with infrastructure and less to do with combine times and measurements. Youth coaches who emphasize winning over teaching skill, players from poorer families who can't afford club/travel ball going undiscovered, NCAA soccer being used to develop 17-21 year olds while others in that age group in the elite countries are already seasoned professionals, etc. The main question isn't "What if (fill in NFL/NBA player) played soccer?" It's "How do we better scout and develop the ones who already play it?"

Countries with 3-4 million people like Croatia and Uruguay are threats to make a deep run this year and they have far less to work with than we do. Croatia is also strong at basketball, tennis and Olympic sports but they don’t have a problem juggling multiple sports with that tiny population. In a developed country of 330 million, it's not a zero-sum game. Even with football and basketball as the top sports for young athletes, US Soccer is still underachieving with what it has to work with. Iceland, with 0.1% of our population, took a point off Argentina the other day.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

"Americans are beta and physically inferior"

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

somberbostonian wrote:Why does Madness hate America so much? :| Teams like Spain and Germany are not more athletic than the US. If winning a World Cup came down to who has the best athletes on paper, neither team would be favorites.

Our problem has more to do with infrastructure and less to do with combine times and measurements. Youth coaches who emphasize winning over teaching skill, players from poorer families who can't afford club/travel ball going undiscovered, NCAA soccer being used to develop 17-21 year olds while others in that age group in the elite countries are already seasoned professionals, etc. The main question isn't "What if (fill in NFL/NBA player) played soccer?" It's "How do we better scout and develop the ones who already play it?"

Countries with 3-4 million people like Croatia and Uruguay are threats to make a deep run this year and they have far less to work with than we do. Croatia is also strong at basketball, tennis and Olympic sports but they don’t have a problem juggling multiple sports with that tiny population. In a developed country of 330 million, it's not a zero-sum game. Even with football and basketball as the top sports for young athletes, US Soccer is still underachieving with what it has to work with. Iceland, with 0.1% of our population, took a point off Argentina the other day.
It all circles back to a lack of care and attention which prevents the program from gaining any traction. The USTA suffers from the same thing.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

somberbostonian wrote:Why does Madness hate America so much? :| Teams like Spain and Germany are not more athletic than the US. If winning a World Cup came down to who has the best athletes on paper, neither team would be favorites.

:stephena:

Dude did you really let Madness troll you into believing that? Hating America has been his schtick since returning because it's borderline edgy. Except this has been an expired angle for trolls since back in the GW Bush days. It's just Madnesss' way of letting us all know he doesn't like America's current president. That's all. That's what they do.

:trumplol:
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

and USA didnt even qualify. cuck city!
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

The US soccer thing.

I think it's true for many of us that the best athletes in our youth got out of soccer to concentrate on more popular sports (U.S. tv viewing at least) like baseball, football and basketball. It'll be interesting to see what happens with drop in football participation in the next 10, 20 or 30 years. Those kids will be taking up other sports, whether that means soccer or lacrosse or something else.

I have a buddy who's pretty big into youth soccer. He is not happy with how it's played. He claims individual skill development is often an afterthought to team play (positioning). And I think it was him who brought up how defense and boringness is even apparent in how games are either won or lost. For example, at tournaments, tie-breakers come down to total goals allowed... not scored.

So it encourages a bunker, passive, less daring approach to the game that's gotta be more boring for all those involved, both fans and players. Open it up... let the ball fly. Run. Move. Score.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:The US soccer thing.

I think it's true for many of us that the best athletes in our youth got out of soccer to concentrate on more popular sports (U.S. tv viewing at least) like baseball, football and basketball. It'll be interesting to see what happens with drop in football participation in the next 10, 20 or 30 years. Those kids will be taking up other sports, whether that means soccer or lacrosse or something else.

I have a buddy who's pretty big into youth soccer. He is not happy with how it's played. He claims individual skill development is often an afterthought to team play (positioning). And I think it was him who brought up how defense and boringness is even apparent in how games are either won or lost. For example, at tournaments, tie-breakers come down to total goals allowed... not scored.

So it encourages a bunker, passive, less daring approach to the game that's gotta be more boring for all those involved, both fans and players. Open it up... let the ball fly. Run. Move. Score.
Never played it (played hoops and ran track in HS), but the ones I talk to who did pretty much say the same thing. Coaches emphasizing booting the ball up field to the biggest/fastest player from an early age, and as a result, US kids don’t get the same reps learning on-ball skill/technique that kids in other countries do. The NCAA also does the sport no favors with its unlimited sub rule, compressed schedule and limits on practice hours—not coincidentally, that 17-21 age range is where American players’ development begins to fall drastically behind players in other countries, who are already full-time pros by that time.

HS boys’ soccer gained the most participants during the time that HS football started gradually losing players, and it's the only sport with a TV audience median age still below 40 (while every other sport except the NBA is pushing 50s/60s and rising). But those numbers mean nothing if the development issues go unfixed.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Madnessssss wrote:American kids are just too soft, pampered and limp wristed to compete in a global sports. We do well in sports we make up that hardly anybody else plays.

Clevey, that you?