Boston Celtics will draft Mo Bamba

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: Boston Celtics will draft Mo Bamba

Post by Kingcarl24 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:I don't watch much college hoops, but Jaren Jackson's stats look intriguing as hell. His advanced metrics are just goofy good. Offensively, for a guy 6'11" he can hit the 3 and hits 80% of his FTs. Unlike Bamba though, he's a bit of a fouling machine.
Yet couldn't get any playing time in the tournament. Now that could easily be Izzo's fault but it seemed he was never on the court when I tuned into MSU games.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:I should also say that I'm not high on this draft at all. I'm not sure what others are seeing.

It's a business. They have to pump it up to some degree.

By the way, you mentioned Vernon earlier. O'Bummer continues to get to me. He's a young guy, and obviously new to the NBA. I think he made his chops as an NBA draft guy. It's obvious when he takes stances on historical NBA things. For example, he declared this year as the most boring or worst Finals he's ever seen or remembered or something.

Ok. Fair enough.

But let's not forget that he was in high school when the 2007 Finals happened. Or that he was in 3rd grade when the Nets were making the Finals. His recency bias is troubling.

[Note: OK. Soapbox alert... but he's still not as bad as Juliet Lipman... the Kim Kardashian of NBA talk. She was paid recently to wonder aloud to a worldwide basketball audience why teams don't share what they learn about draft prospects with other teams? WHAT THE HELL?]
I don't get Juliet Lipman at all. Does she have naked pictures of Bill Simmons proving he has a micro penis or something? Who is the hell likes to listen to her on that show? She doesn't have good basketball takes. Her voice is obnoxious to listen to. She talks more about what NBA players are doing off the court rather than on the court. She really bugs me.

KOC is starting to bug me as well. I love listening to Vernon rip him apart when KOC starts to over analyze stuff and forgets to actually watch the actual games. Tuesdays are by far the best podcast of that group.

(Although I'm listening to the Bill Simmons podcast where he interviewed Charles Oakley right now. That's a great listen. I could listen to them talk all day.)
That was a good pod. Little hard to understand Oak at points though.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

It's a business. They have to pump it up to some degree.

By the way, you mentioned Vernon earlier. O'Bummer continues to get to me. He's a young guy, and obviously new to the NBA. I think he made his chops as an NBA draft guy. It's obvious when he takes stances on historical NBA things. For example, he declared this year as the most boring or worst Finals he's ever seen or remembered or something.

Ok. Fair enough.

But let's not forget that he was in high school when the 2007 Finals happened. Or that he was in 3rd grade when the Nets were making the Finals. His recency bias is troubling.

[Note: OK. Soapbox alert... but he's still not as bad as Juliet Lipman... the Kim Kardashian of NBA talk. She was paid recently to wonder aloud to a worldwide basketball audience why teams don't share what they learn about draft prospects with other teams? WHAT THE HELL?]
I don't get Juliet Lipman at all. Does she have naked pictures of Bill Simmons proving he has a micro penis or something? Who is the hell likes to listen to her on that show? She doesn't have good basketball takes. Her voice is obnoxious to listen to. She talks more about what NBA players are doing off the court rather than on the court. She really bugs me.

KOC is starting to bug me as well. I love listening to Vernon rip him apart when KOC starts to over analyze stuff and forgets to actually watch the actual games. Tuesdays are by far the best podcast of that group.

(Although I'm listening to the Bill Simmons podcast where he interviewed Charles Oakley right now. That's a great listen. I could listen to them talk all day.)
That was a good pod. Little hard to understand Oak at points though.

I think I was most amused by Oakley's giggle.

Here's a big guy who is constantly bragging about being the ultimate tough guy... but when he's truly giddy, he chuckles sorta like a kid.

He talked about writing a book. I want that book.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:I don't watch much college hoops, but Jaren Jackson's stats look intriguing as hell. His advanced metrics are just goofy good. Offensively, for a guy 6'11" he can hit the 3 and hits 80% of his FTs. Unlike Bamba though, he's a bit of a fouling machine.
Yet couldn't get any playing time in the tournament. Now that could easily be Izzo's fault but it seemed he was never on the court when I tuned into MSU games.
Just checked the game log, and he definitely shit the bed in the tournament.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Grizz - Would you take the #7 pick and the #22 pick for the #4 pick and Chandler Parsons salary dump (you'd probably get someone like Lopez back who only has 1 year left for $12 million as compared to Parsons who has 2)?
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Buckets wrote:Grizz - Would you take the #7 pick and the #22 pick for the #4 pick and Chandler Parsons salary dump (you'd probably get someone like Lopez back who only has 1 year left for $12 million as compared to Parsons who has 2)?
Personally, I wouldn't, but that and 50 cents used to buy you a cup of coffee. We need an impact guy, the likelihood of that is much higher at 4, especially if Doncic is still on the board.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Buckets wrote:Grizz - Would you take the #7 pick and the #22 pick for the #4 pick and Chandler Parsons salary dump (you'd probably get someone like Lopez back who only has 1 year left for $12 million as compared to Parsons who has 2)?
Personally, I wouldn't, but that and 50 cents used to buy you a cup of coffee. We need an impact guy, the likelihood of that is much higher at 4, especially if Doncic is still on the board.
I figured as much and its one of the reasons I worry the Grizzlies are going to take MPJ if Doncic, Ayton and JJJ are off the board. I agree that the Grizzlies want a franchise changing talent and that future star potential has me thinking you take Porter if those 3 are gone.