Been intermittent fasting for a few weeks and apparently artificial sweeteners break the fast

Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Been intermittent fasting for a few weeks and apparently artificial sweeteners break the fast

Post by LNS »

What in the everloving fuck! So if I’m to understand this bullshit correctly, artificial sweeteners still create an insulin spike because our brains don’t know the difference? Which means your fast gets broken due to a zero calorie sugar substitute because your body goes from a fat burning state to a glucose burning state?

You queers knew this and didn’t tell me??

:pjaxlol:
iamfalcon510
Starter

Re: Been intermittent fasting for a few weeks and apparently artificial sweeteners break the fa

Post by iamfalcon510 »

What type of artificial sweeteners do you us? You Diabetic?

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk
But you aint heard that from me
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: Been intermittent fasting for a few weeks and apparently artificial sweeteners break the fa

Post by LNS »

iamfalcon510 wrote:What type of artificial sweeteners do you us? You Diabetic?

Lol

No not diabetic. I just used whatever artificial sweeteners were nearby for my green tea because when intermittent fasting you can’t have sugar during the fasting period. But apparently fake or real sugar create the same chemical reaction in your body. :laugh3:
iamfalcon510
Starter

Post by iamfalcon510 »

Ah I see. My mom's diabetic and is doing the same thing you're doing. I watched a sugar documentary with her and now I'm pretty much off sugar which sounds hella gay to me to even say but God sugar fuucks up the body
LNS wrote:
iamfalcon510 wrote:What type of artificial sweeteners do you us? You Diabetic?

Lol

No not diabetic. I just used whatever artificial sweeteners were nearby for my green tea because when intermittent fasting you can’t have sugar during the fasting period. But apparently fake or real sugar create the same chemical reaction in your body. :laugh3:
But you aint heard that from me
LACANO
Lord Savior

Post by LACANO »

LNS wrote:What in the everloving fuck! So if I’m to understand this bullshit correctly, artificial sweeteners still create an insulin spike because our brains don’t know the difference? Which means your fast gets broken due to a zero calorie sugar substitute because your body goes from a fat burning state to a glucose burning state?

I heard anything but water breaks the fast as far as the body is concerned. Even herbal tea. This is according to Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the JRE.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LACANO wrote:
LNS wrote:What in the everloving fuck! So if I’m to understand this bullshit correctly, artificial sweeteners still create an insulin spike because our brains don’t know the difference? Which means your fast gets broken due to a zero calorie sugar substitute because your body goes from a fat burning state to a glucose burning state?

I heard anything but water breaks the fast as far as the body is concerned. Even herbal tea. This is according to Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the JRE.
Not true... you need a stimulant like green tea or coffee... but if you’re indulging in sweets like the op then you deserve a verdum emoji

And yeah I knew that and I knew you didn’t know that.. and I didn’t tell you.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

LACANO wrote:

Really? So if I have jasmine green tea but with no artificial sweeteners added it still breaks the fast?

And TBH the data out there is so contradictory. I’ve seen some websites say that it’s alright to have a small piece of fruit during the day or even a hard boiled egg. But apparently adding some goddamn saccharine in my black coffee is a no-no.

:snoop:
Last edited by LNS on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LNS wrote:
LACANO wrote:

Really? So if I have jasmine green tea but with no articulate sweeteners added it still breaks the fast?

And TBH the data out there is so contradictory. I’ve seen some websites say that it’s alright to have a small piece of fruit during the day or even a hard boiled egg. But apparently adding some goddamn saccharine in my black coffee is a no-no.

Man you sure do bitch a lot... no wonder you’re so fat.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

wisdomafterall wrote:
LNS wrote:
LACANO wrote: I heard anything but water breaks the fast as far as the body is concerned. Even herbal tea. This is according to Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the JRE.

Really? So if I have jasmine green tea but with no articulate sweeteners added it still breaks the fast?

You’re a Muzzy. Oh and..... happy birthday, bitch.

:arnold:
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LNS wrote:
wisdomafterall wrote:
LNS wrote:

How am I a muzzy when I just had a slice of pepperoni pizza in broad day light during the month of Ramadan.... riddle me that fat ass
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Be man, drink Ice tea without sugar.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

wisdomafterall wrote:
LNS wrote:
wisdomafterall wrote:

How am I a muzzy when I just had a slice of pepperoni pizza in broad day light during the month of Ramadan.... riddle me that fat ass
Because you know when fuckin Ramadan is.. Muzzy
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

I've seen different takes on that, and I believe you're fine with your sweetener. I don't use any and drink black coffee and some tea before I start eating around 4 in the afternoon.

It is true that sweeteners cause an insulin response but you still haven't given you're body an actual carbohydrate to use as fuel. Your body has to continue to use either stored glycogen or fat as fuel.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

wisdomafterall wrote:
LACANO wrote:

Not true... you need a stimulant like green tea or coffee... but if you’re indulging in sweets like the op then you deserve a verdum emoji

And yeah I knew that and I knew you didn’t know that.. and I didn’t tell you.
:banderas:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:I've seen different takes on that, and I believe you're fine with your sweetener. I don't use any and drink black coffee and some tea before I start eating around 4 in the afternoon.

It is true that sweeteners cause an insulin response but you still haven't given you're body an actual carbohydrate to use as fuel. Your body has to continue to use either stored glycogen or fat as fuel.

What’s your eating window, typically? I’m honestly loving this so far. I don’t feel tired during the day at all because I’m not eating during my lunch break anymore, and my mental clarity has actually improved. I’m doing a bastardized version of OMAD. Depending on my schedule I’ll eat between 8am-10am and I’ll have a high calorie protein shake, a kale salad, and some lean meat w/grilled vegetables. That sets me up for the day and I’m good to go after that, I won’t eat again till the next day.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:I've seen different takes on that, and I believe you're fine with your sweetener. I don't use any and drink black coffee and some tea before I start eating around 4 in the afternoon.

I think it's been over a decade since I have eaten anything before 4-5...Just started naturally and was never big on breakfast to begin with. I love breakfast food, I just don't feel like eating after I get up....for like awhile.

There is times I start to feel like shit later on, then stop and think...did I eat anything yet today....the answer is usually no, so I eat something high in protein and it goes away quick. I can't imagine that is actually "good for you" either....but I don't KNOW.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Repeat3peat wrote:

I think it's been over a decade since I have eaten anything before 4-5...Just started naturally and was never big on breakfast to begin with. I love breakfast food, I just don't feel like eating after I get up....for like awhile.

There is times I start to feel like shit later on, then stop and think...did I eat anything yet today....the answer is usually no, so I eat something high in protein and it goes away quick. I can't imagine that is actually "good for you" either....but I don't KNOW.

My daughters both hate eating in the morning. I’ve made them big breakfast of eggs, veggie sausage patties (they like that disgusting shit), potatoes, etc., and too many times they’ve both taken a few bites and been done lol. And it’s not my cooking because they have the same reaction to waffles, cereal, even donuts. So I stopped making them breakfast in the morning and at first my wife freaked because she was one of those “it’s the most important meal of the day!” people, but they haven’t had breakfast before school all of this year and have been just fine.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

intermittent fasting is just calorie constriction you dumb schlup. Stop putting a fancy name on a diet people have been using for ever.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

LNS wrote:

What’s your eating window, typically? I’m honestly loving this so far. I don’t feel tired during the day at all because I’m not eating during my lunch break anymore, and my mental clarity has actually improved. I’m doing a bastardized version of OMAD. Depending on my schedule I’ll eat between 8am-10am and I’ll have a high calorie protein shake, a kale salad, and some lean meat w/grilled vegetables. That sets me up for the day and I’m good to go after that, I won’t eat again till the next day.
My eating window is typically a little after 4 till around 8. I tend to start with a mix of raw veggies. Stuff like grape tomatoes (yeah, I know it's technically a fruit), sliced cucumber, sliced peppers... and maybe a boiled egg or two. I make liberal use of Himalayan salt and cracked pepper. My blood pressure is very low and I think salt tends to be villainized unnecessarily. Maybe 90 minutes or so later, I'll have my main meal and then I'll have something else again around 8 or so. I have either some nuts or an avocado pretty much every day to make sure I get a decent amount of healthy fat. My main meal always includes a meat entrée (unless I'm eating out where I'll often get fish, but I can't cook fish for shit myself).

I've been doing this so long now that I literally almost never even think of food until around 3, and that's if I haven't decided what I'm going to have yet and I need to pick something up. It's amazing how after a while, once you break the associations between certain times of day and eating how quickly old hunger patterns fall away.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Repeat3peat wrote:

It actually is very good for you. This is particularly true for type 2 diabetics or those on that path. Intermittent fasting increases insulin sensitivity which is obviously critical for people with those conditions. There are other good reasons too, including brain health but the internet is full of articles on it now. When I started doing it many years ago, it was unusual. Now tons of people are doing it and there's a lot more research on it.