If LeBron James leaves Miami.....

Talk about anything here.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

If LeBron James leaves Miami.....

Post by Y2K »

After this season, what will his current legacy be?

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: If LeBron James leaves Miami.....

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Best player in the 2010 draft class. Easily.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

y2ktors wrote:After this season, what will his current legacy be?
Wilt and Moses are the only two other star players I think who changed teams twice in their primes. Maybe Chuck too, but he was 33 I think when he went to the Rockets.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Not that he cares about his "legacy" much, but if for some reason he decides to join a rebuilding project, then he might get some of that good fan mojo back he lost when he went down to "collude" in Miami.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

His leagacy will be intact.

The bottom line is, if you win championships, you will be regarded among the all time greats. Guys like Magic, Kareem, Bird, Jordan, Russell et. al. were never penalized for being surrounded by great talent, and LeBron won't either.

Hell, one guy who won two titles practically by himself (Hakeem) doesn't even crack most peoples top 10.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Some will see him a as a mercenary but if he continues to win championships that will have a larger impact on his legacy. History is written by the victors. If the Axis would have won WW ll I think the world's history curriculums would look a little different.

However if he goes to another team in his prime and doesn't accumulate more championships the focus will be back on him and what he couldn't do as opposed to what he could do.
dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

LeWhore
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

rileymartin wrote:His leagacy will be intact.

The bottom line is, if you win championships, you will be regarded among the all time greats. Guys like Magic, Kareem, Bird, Jordan, Russell et. al. were never penalized for being surrounded by great talent, and LeBron won't either.

Hell, one guy who won two titles practically by himself (Hakeem) doesn't even crack most peoples top 10.
Hakeem is #7 on my top 10 list.

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

I'm not sure exactly how he'd be judged.

He stated, "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," "And I won't stop until I get it." Then he goes on national TV months later to announce that he's taking his talents to South Beach to team up with a top 5 player and another perennial all-star.

Then we all know about the, "Not 2. Not 3. Not 4. Not 5. Not 6. Not 7," statement.

So if he leaves to go to a rebuilding or up and coming team and doesn't win another ring, what does that say about him "colluding" in Miami? About him leaving Cleveland in 2010?

What if he leaves Miami to join up with another rising star or superstar and wins more rings? What Would that say about him?

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

dunkan4rings wrote:LeWhore
That's his mom.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

y2ktors wrote:I'm not sure exactly how he'd be judged.

He stated, "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," "And I won't stop until I get it." Then he goes on national TV months later to announce that he's taking his talents to South Beach to team up with a top 5 player and another perennial all-star.

Then we all know about the, "Not 2. Not 3. Not 4. Not 5. Not 6. Not 7," statement.

So if he leaves to go to a rebuilding or up and coming team and doesn't win another ring, what does that say about him "colluding" in Miami? About him leaving Cleveland in 2010?

What if he leaves Miami to join up with another rising star or superstar and wins more rings? What Would that say about him?

That he's a mercenary...However, if he moves on and never wins another ring, he will still be an atg, of course, but more credit will be given to his Heat teammates.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:
dunkan4rings wrote:LeWhore
That's his mom.
Hondo don't be calling Mama West no names now. Lol!!