Wedding registries are God's curse to man he doomed us with

Talk about anything here.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Re: Wedding registries are God's curse to man he doomed us w

Post by denali4eva »

lettherebehouse wrote:
denali4eva wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:The end of next month. Does this mean I have to give you an address? Oh fuck! That means I'm gonna have to explain in detail to her what it is I do online when she's not around (you know how inquisitive women get when they've got a hold of something as universally wanted as myself). I dunno, I appreciate the gesture though.
Naw bro, you can just tell me where y'all are registered...Safe
Iight, just in case she axe, you and I are distant cousins on my dad's side.
Aight...
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:Marriage itself is a giant scam against men.

I heard someplace that the chick gets 50%... no matter what.

This can't be true, is it? What if she is a former college whore or a club skank or a money-grubbing whore? The guy is going to get screwed over. Fuck that. I'm going to spend my free time warning others about falling into the trap instead of falling for it myself.

Again.
No matter what type of person she is, she's gonna rip off her husband for more than she deserves. She's gonna get the allimony and custody (even if she's a terrible mother) in addition to child support.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

lettherebehouse wrote:The end of next month. Does this mean I have to give you an address? Oh fuck! That means I'm gonna have to explain in detail to her what it is I do online when she's not around (you know how inquisitive women get when they've got a hold of something as universally wanted as myself). I dunno, I appreciate the gesture though.

That's a fight waiting to happen. Best of luck bro.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

zombiesonics wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:Marriage itself is a giant scam against men.

This can't be true, is it? What if she is a former college whore or a club skank or a money-grubbing whore? The guy is going to get screwed over. Fuck that. I'm going to spend my free time warning others about falling into the trap instead of falling for it myself.

Again.
No matter what type of person she is, she's gonna rip off her husband for more than she deserves. She's gonna get the allimony and custody (even if she's a terrible mother) in addition to child support.

We have to warn the others!!!
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Again.

You think marriage laws aren't biased against men?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

zombiesonics wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
zombiesonics wrote: No matter what type of person she is, she's gonna rip off her husband for more than she deserves. She's gonna get the allimony and custody (even if she's a terrible mother) in addition to child support.

Maybe. My point is that railing against them to the point of living life (seemingly) as a mean-spirited miser seems a bit counterproductive.

Let the chick take half my money. Shame on me for choosing the wrong one. Besides, I'm not really worried about being crippled financially or emotionally about it where it compromises every other relationship in my life. I can make more money. I can always find more happiness too...
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Maybe. My point is that railing against them to the point of living life (seemingly) as a mean-spirited miser seems a bit counterproductive.

Let the chick take half my money. Shame on me for choosing the wrong one. Besides, I'm not really worried about being crippled financially or emotionally about it where it compromises every other relationship in my life. I can make more money. I can always find more happiness too...
That does nothing to remedy a corrupt and sexist justice system. Pretending like the issue doesn't exit won't make it go away.
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

Congrats on the impending nuptials. You would be correct - much easier to let the soon-to-be wife handle that stuff.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Hopefully your wife still puts out after you wife her up. Seen it happen too many times once she has you locked down, it's over!
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

AlaskaHawks wrote:Hopefully your wife still puts out after you wife her up. Seen it happen too many times once she has you locked down, it's over!

Impossible with this one. This chick's appetite is insatiable, plus she's Mexican, which makes that physiologically impossible.

Yeah I know, that's what they all say before marriage.
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

lettherebehouse wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:Hopefully your wife still puts out after you wife her up. Seen it happen too many times once she has you locked down, it's over!

Impossible with this one. This chick's appetite is insatiable, plus she's Mexican, which makes that physiologically impossible.

It is what everyone says, but the data says the opposite. Google all the studies and they say that married men generally are happier, healthier and actually have more sex.

Counterintuitive maybe, but that is what the studies show. Not that you need to be talked into marriage or anything, lol.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

fsuheater wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

It is what everyone says, but the data says the opposite. Google all the studies and they say that married men generally are happier, healthier and actually have more sex.

Counterintuitive maybe, but that is what the studies show. Not that you need to be talked into marriage or anything, lol.

I believe it, it makes perfect sense. Unhappily married men who could have potentially skewed the study before influencing the results toward the unhappy sexually defunct side, are already divorced, disqualifying themselves from teetering the scale toward stalemate in any study result.

LOL @ AlaskaHawks subliminally trying to talk me out of it haha.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

WTH is a wedding registry? The wife and I just went down to the government office and hitched up. She sprung that on me while watching the Bama-LSU game in '10. I went along with it and here I am a couple of years later happily (mostly) married.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

swampgator wrote:WTH is a wedding registry? The wife and I just went down to the government office and hitched up. She sprung that on me while watching the Bama-LSU game in '10. I went along with it and here I am a couple of years later happily (mostly) married.

You're one of the lucky ones
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Even though you asked for it, you won't use like 90% of the shit you get off that registry....or you'll use it once.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

manchild98 wrote:Even though you asked for it, you won't use like 90% of the shit you get off that registry....or you'll use it once.
Aside from some stupid soda making machine they had near the front, I didn't ask for shit. Oh, and this pillow chair and bed tray I seen.
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

manchild98 wrote:Even though you asked for it, you won't use like 90% of the shit you get off that registry....or you'll use it once.
I disagree there. I still have my nice set of knives, cookware, serveware, etc. If you register for arbitrary stuff, sure. But I have been married more than 8 years, and we still use all that stuff. Come to think of it, it may be time to upgrade.
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

swampgator wrote:WTH is a wedding registry? The wife and I just went down to the government office and hitched up. She sprung that on me while watching the Bama-LSU game in '10. I went along with it and here I am a couple of years later happily (mostly) married.
That's nice. I wish we would've gone small. The trivial things some women (myself included) think they need or want...it was a lovely wedding and we have great memories, but the money could've gone towards a sweet down payment on a home.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Again, what the f is a wedding registry? Is it some list that you put together for all of the attendees to buy you something just for the honor of attending your ceremony?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

swampgator wrote:Again, what the f is a wedding registry? Is it some list that you put together for all of the attendees to buy you something just for the honor of attending your ceremony?

It's really not as cool as it sounds, unless you really need the stuff I guess.