Kendall Marshall

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Kendall Marshall

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

3.42 assist-turnover ratio. 13.7 assists per 48. Those are both in Chris Paul territory.

11.5 apg and 46% 3pt shooting in January.

Lakers keep talking abut the cycle of PGs they've gone through this year, yet here's Marshall quietly doing his thing. They need to keep this kid, especially for the bargain salary he's under the next two years.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Re: Kendall Marshall

Post by Deez »

UNC boy. Marshall has been fairly solid for them. They should hang onto him and see how he fits with Kobe back.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

He's definitely growing on me. His shot has looked much better as of late also. He has all the potential to be the future. He was a great passer @ UNC, that appears to have translated to the next level quite well.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

woe.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:He's definitely growing on me. His shot has looked much better as of late also. He has all the potential to be the future. He was a great passer @ UNC, that appears to have translated to the next level quite well.
He was a great passer no doubt. I'll still argue that UNC makes a run that year had he not got injured and Henson with that injured wrist. Having Marshall running that UNC team they were a solid dangerous team. Without him they struggled to have a leader at Point.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:3.42 assist-turnover ratio. 13.7 assists per 48. Those are both in Chris Paul territory.

Lakers keep talking abut the cycle of PGs they've gone through this year, yet here's Marshall quietly doing his thing. They need to keep this kid, especially for the bargain salary he's under the next two years.
Agreed. Some clueless nerd the other day tried explaining it off as being a product of D'antoni's system, without realizing these assists aren't coming off PnR's with a dominating athletic PF. He sees the floor very well, and is fluid in his movement, spacing, and timing, and with deceptive quickness seems to almost get into the paint whenever he wants. Interesting to see what happens when Blake and Farmar come back shortly. Despite his ugly shooting form, he's been one of the few joys I've found in watching the Lakers this season.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:3.42 assist-turnover ratio. 13.7 assists per 48. Those are both in Chris Paul territory.

Agreed. Some clueless nerd the other day tried explaining it off as being a product of D'antoni's system, without realizing these assists aren't coming off PnR's with a dominating athletic PF. He sees the floor very well, and is fluid in his movement, spacing, and timing, and with deceptive quickness seems to almost get into the paint whenever he wants. Interesting to see what happens when Blake and Farmar come back shortly. Despite his ugly shooting form, he's been one of the few joys I've found in watching the Lakers this season.

what's Blake's contract situation? Is it decent enough that a contender would nab him as a back-up? There's no reason for the Lakers to curb Marhall's minutes. In fact, it's better if they unload any potential distractions that would have him looking over his shoulder. Farmar and Blake aren't with the next edition of the Lakers anyway.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

what's Blake's contract situation? Is it decent enough that a contender would nab him as a back-up? There's no reason for the Lakers to curb Marhall's minutes. In fact, it's better if they unload any potential distractions that would have him looking over his shoulder. Farmar and Blake aren't with the next edition of the Lakers anyway.
Expiring $4 million dollars. I like Blake alot, but he's 33 and coming off an injury to his shooting elbow that surely puts his best days behind him. It'd be nice to see a 3 year commitment to Marshall if he's able to sustain close to this level of play the rest of the year, especially if he's as productive when Kobe comes back.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

If Blake is healthy at all, there should be a market for him then. Even though the Lakers won't get much for him... who cares. They don't need him AND Farmar to back up Marshall.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:If Blake is healthy at all, there should be a market for him then. Even though the Lakers won't get much for him... who cares. They don't need him AND Farmar to back up Marshall.
Nash is the future bro.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

How much do you want to bet that the Kings make a move for him?
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Marshall
Kobe
LeBron
Love
Embiid

Damn.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

I'm glad to see that Marshall is doing well (albeit with the Lakers). I watched him a lot when he was at UNC. He wasn't much of a scorer, but that wasn't his game. His first start as a freshman he had a conference record 16 assists. In his sophomore season he set a single season ACC record for assists. The guy can just flat out pass the ball. It's too bad for Phoenix and Washington that they didn't give him a chance.