Better career stats? Kareem or Jordan?

Talk about anything here.
town bidness
All-Star

Re: Better career stats? Kareem or Jordan?

Post by town bidness »

great thread pask.

i'll check on it tomorrow, lol.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

town bidness wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:
town bidness wrote:

can you point to a team that loses an over 30 ppg scorer with zero warning that only had a two game drop off?

Only UNeducated fans believe that regular season records = playoff success... and FTR the Bulls' regular season success (in 94) is a testament to Scottie Pippen's greatness, which is why I've always said prime Pippen --> Kobe.

Glad you agree.
oh yes.. of course the regular season dont matter unless you are talking about the 96 team... THEN the regular season matters right? wasnt it just a couple days ago you were touting how that was one of the greatest teams ever?

can you answer the question? i cant think of a single instance where that scenario has been duplicated.... can you? lol.

keep trying, lol.
Re-read what I said...

I didn't say the RS doesn't matter. I said only a fool thinks RS records = playoff success.

And I don't know the answer. Do you? All I know is prime Pippen ---> Kobe.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

town bidness wrote:
It changes everything because 71 Oscar was vastly superior to 85 Woolridge... and only a nincompoop would argue otherwise.
one could say oscar was a better player but vastly? hyperbole.

what difference does it make? kareem won a RING with that old oscar.

jordan got trounced.. damn near swept out of the playoffs by terry cummins, sidney moncrief and the fucking bucks.

lol. more excuses please.

Any BB fan with an IQ higher than a grapefruit would say 71 Oscar ----> 85 Woolridge (who was a cocaine addict at the time and brought absolutely nothing whatsoever to the team except scoring). 71 Oscar scored just as much, was a vastly superior playmaker , superior rebounder, and better defender.

Yes... 71 Oscar was VASTLY superior to 85 Woolridge.

What difference does it make...?

I dunno, you tell me. You're the one who brought up Woolridge. Now yer backpedaling, eh?

:lol:
are you drunk? i already said one can say oscar was better and that's fine. now, how is that an excuse for baldy? it was the 80s.. the entire league was coked up so that's yet another bad excuse.

hyperbole gets you nowhere, lol. jordan couldnt do a damn thing without pippen and there is no excuse good enough for it. i'll browbeat you more tomorrow.

just to end for the evening, 1994, lol.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

town bidness wrote:
Smelters wrote:
town bidness wrote: what is more laughable?

one old but serviceable oscar robertson in his last year or orlando woolridge in his prime with over 20 ppg in the playoffs.

kobe didnt need that from gasol did he?
I'd take the old point guard over Woolridge. What did Woolridge do since? hahahaha this is becoming too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well, why couldnt jordan do anything with him? is 20 pgg from a second fiddle enough to get out oif the first round?

why is it pippen did better without jordan than vice versa?
So Pippen is better than MJ?
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

town bidness wrote:
town bidness wrote: one could say oscar was a better player but vastly? hyperbole.

jordan got trounced.. damn near swept out of the playoffs by terry cummins, sidney moncrief and the fucking bucks.

Any BB fan with an IQ higher than a grapefruit would say 71 Oscar ----> 85 Woolridge (who was a cocaine addict at the time and brought absolutely nothing whatsoever to the team except scoring). 71 Oscar scored just as much, was a vastly superior playmaker , superior rebounder, and better defender.

I dunno, you tell me. You're the one who brought up Woolridge. Now yer backpedaling, eh?

are you drunk? i already said one can say oscar was better and that's fine. now, how is that an excuse for baldy? it was the 80s.. the entire league was coked up so that's yet another bad excuse.

hyperbole gets you nowhere, lol. jordan couldnt do a damn thing without pippen and there is no excuse good enough for it. i'll browbeat you more tomorrow.

6 rings 6 FMVPs and we aren't talking Pippen. Who do you know besides MJ hit so many big time clutch shots? Other players have role players to do that for them, oops that I say that, :lol:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

town bidness wrote:
town bidness wrote: one could say oscar was a better player but vastly? hyperbole.

I don't drink, dope... and you said Oscar was better BUT you questioned whether he was vastly superior, which is what I addressed.

Are YOU drunk???

:roll:

Jordan wasn't coked up... and I highly doubt Oscar was either. And again, your comment about Pippen further confirms what I've been saying for years: Scottie ---> Kobe.

Glad you agree.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

town bidness wrote:
town bidness wrote: oh that's correct, he retired 3 seasons later. that changes absolutely nothing.

so although my memory failed me that means that oscar wasnt indeed old and orlando woolridge didnt score what he did in his prime and jordan couldnt get out of the first round.

It changes everything because 71 Oscar was vastly superior to 85 Woolridge... and only a nincompoop would argue otherwise.
one could say oscar was a better player but vastly? hyperbole.

Didn't Marcus Johnson, Brian Winters, 6th man of the year Junior Bridgeman also play with them? hahahaha but MJ haters get mad because he gets a good teammate in Pippen, hahahaha
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Smelters wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:
Smelters wrote: My bad I thought Wilkes and McAdoo made it. It's been a long time. But they probably are right outside the top 50 with players like Bernard King. Any one that knows basketball knows that MJ didn't have players like that to help him in his old age like Kareem.

HOFer Wilkes helped Rick Barry and GS win a title and he and HOFer McAdoo (NBA MVP and 3 times in a row scoring champ) were a big part of the Lakers success with Worthy, Magic, Scott, Cooper (one of the best defenders ever, multiple all NBA 1st team defender and a DPOY).
As were Rodman, Kukoc, Pippen, Kerr, Harper

or Cartwright, Pippen, Grant, Armstrong and Paxson
MJ won 3 str8 without Rodman, Kukoc, Kerr. Harper. So those others pale in comparison to what others have even Kareem, Kobe, Magic, etc.
That's because Pippen, Cartwright, Grant, Paxson and Armstrong and the rest of the Bulls cast was good enough and better than the competition they faced. Just because it didn't have name dropper here and their didn't mean it wasn't just as good. It was good enough for what the era called for. How else would they finish high in so many categories if they weren't as good?
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

I'm sorry i couldn't help laughing but was somebody calling Woolridge better than Oscar? lmao
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

deezna10 wrote:I'm sorry i couldn't help laughing but was somebody calling Woolridge better than Oscar? lmao
No. Nobody said that.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
deezna10 wrote:I'm sorry i couldn't help laughing but was somebody calling Woolridge better than Oscar? lmao
No. Nobody said that.
Ok i thought i read that but i was scanning the posts fairly quickly.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

deezna10 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
No. Nobody said that.
Ok i thought i read that but i was scanning the posts fairly quickly.
Nope.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

town bidness wrote:

I don't drink, dope... and you said Oscar was better BUT you questioned whether he was vastly superior, which is what I addressed.

Are YOU drunk???

:roll:

Jordan wasn't coked up... and I highly doubt Oscar was either. And again, your comment about Pippen further confirms what I've been saying for years: Scottie ---> Kobe.

Glad you agree.
oh devolve into a liar tdk, i know you can read.

just take it on the chin.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Smelters wrote:
town bidness wrote:
Smelters wrote: I'd take the old point guard over Woolridge. What did Woolridge do since? hahahaha this is becoming too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well, why couldnt jordan do anything with him? is 20 pgg from a second fiddle enough to get out oif the first round?

why is it pippen did better without jordan than vice versa?
So Pippen is better than MJ?
define 'better'.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

town bidness wrote:
town bidness wrote: wait.. oscar was something to behold in his last year but orlando in 85 with over 20 ppg in the playoffs was inadequate?

hmm... that's seems inconsistent doesnt it? jordan fans always indirectly make pippen look so much better.
Pssst: Oscar last year was 74 (not 71, when the Bucks won the Championship). Also, the Bucks won 59 games in 74 and just 38 the next year (after he retired).

Go get me a sammich kiddo.

oh that's correct, he retired 3 seasons later. that changes absolutely nothing.

so although my memory failed me that means that oscar wasnt indeed old and orlando woolridge didnt score what he did in his prime and jordan couldnt get out of the first round.

good job pointing out the minutia but not doing anything about the actual point. kareem got a ring outside of the lakers and jordan couldnt make the playoffs.

1994 showed jordans true worth when pete myers filled in for baldy on short notice, lol. enjoy that fact.

BUMP this CLASSIC post!!!!! LOL!!!

That right there HAS to be THE best Meltdown in this Boards short History!!!!

He got Exposed for lying, but to him, it's "no big deal, and changes nothing"........even though his whole argument was BASED on 71' being Oscar's last year(according to him anyway! lol!)!!! But ya, it changes Nothing!! lol!!!

Also, According to town bidness:

pete meyers = Jordan

and

Orlando "Coke Head" Woolridge is basically on Oscar Robertson's Level!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!! LOL!!!!
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Master Spade wrote:
town bidness wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Pssst: Oscar last year was 74 (not 71, when the Bucks won the Championship). Also, the Bucks won 59 games in 74 and just 38 the next year (after he retired).

good job pointing out the minutia but not doing anything about the actual point. kareem got a ring outside of the lakers and jordan couldnt make the playoffs.

1994 showed jordans true worth when pete myers filled in for baldy on short notice, lol. enjoy that fact.

He got Exposed for lying, but to him, it's "no big deal, and changes nothing"........even though his whole argument was BASED on 71' being Oscar's last year(according to him anyway! lol!)!!! But ya, it changes Nothing!! lol!!!

pete meyers = Jordan

and

Orlando "Coke Head" Woolridge is basically on Oscar Robertson's Level!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

LOL. Bidness hung himself. Give a MJ hater enough rope in time they usually do.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Master Spade wrote:
town bidness wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Pssst: Oscar last year was 74 (not 71, when the Bucks won the Championship). Also, the Bucks won 59 games in 74 and just 38 the next year (after he retired).

pete meyers = Jordan

and

you really are a moron arent you?
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Da Stars. wrote:
Master Spade wrote:
town bidness wrote: oh that's correct, he retired 3 seasons later. that changes absolutely nothing.

pete meyers = Jordan

and

LOL. Bidness hung himself. Give a MJ hater enough rope in time they usually do.
how did i hang myself? i would love to read this.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Did town seriously put Woolridge on Oscars level?
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

The 70s were a GOD AWFUL decade for NBA basketball.

Now as far as this debate goes, it's tough to compare stats. One's a front court post player and the other is a backcourt wing.

Now who do I think is the greater professional player, that's Michael Jordan. But Kareem has a case.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!