Re: Christians vs Atheists

Post by swampgator »

Interesting. Which are you?
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

Incognito wrote:Image

You must've switched the pictures! Because the descriptions are the exact Opposite of what the TRUTH is! lol!!!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one" - George Bernard Shaw
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

swampgator wrote:Interesting. Which are you?
I'm a follower of Christ.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Incognito wrote:
swampgator wrote:Interesting. Which are you?
I'm a follower of Christ.
Makes sense; you would be.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." - Tim Minchin

Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:lol

Christians for the win!

Which one of the Thousands of denominations are you?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Both are cool as long as neither is taken to an extreme
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

Atheists are STEAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMING.

LOL@ the fake ass Mexican. Doesn't watch futbol, doesn't believe in God. Probably calls taco bell good Mexican food. What a disgrace. Kick rocks boludo.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

One believes he's going to rot in the ground for all eternity after he dies while the other believes a supernatural being is going to whisk him away to a paradise in the skies once he meets all the ridiculous requirements his dogma asks him to do.

Which one is terrified of reality again?
Come at the King, you best not miss.
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

Master Spade wrote:.

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." - Tim Minchin

Sounds like Tim doesn't know the true meaning of faith. Can't say I'm surprised.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Go easy on the Atheists will you. They're entertaining the enlightened stage of their life, where they parade words such as logic and reason as most do when they've finally discovered it for once in their lives (much like a child does on Christmas morning the first time he gets to play with his new toys). The problem for them, is the confusion they pretend to mask through disingenuous bravado, wit, and borrowed cliches is as ever transparent as I've seen right through folks like this for most of my adult life. As the better man, a holy man, simply allow them to wallow in the mud, and allow them to mock you, it's OK.

Your best bet, is to not convert them, not mock them, but simply wait for them to find themselves. Some wait most of their lives for that moment, some even wait until they're dying in their death bed counting down the final minutes of their life. But, they always come to, somehow someway. Just allow it to happen naturally my friend, all is good.
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

l3bron wrote:One believes he's going to rot in the ground for all eternity after he dies while the other believes a supernatural being is going to whisk him away to a paradise in the skies once he meets all the ridiculous requirements his dogma asks him to do.

Which one is terrified of reality again?
You're Greek, you guys are uber religious. Even celebrate XMAS on the 6th(Which I respect). HOPA!
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

thatoothpick45 wrote:Atheists are STEAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMING.

LOL@ the fake ass Mexican. Doesn't watch futbol, doesn't believe in God. Probably calls taco bell good Mexican food. What a disgrace. Kick rocks boludo.

lol!!! Stereotype much!??? Al Shaprton would be PROUD of your right now!!

Why ISN'T it surprising that a religious person is going against his teachings...........and is JUDGING ME!!??? Shou Shall Not Judge........but who cares right!?? Say one thing, and do the opposite, just like a Real Religious person!! lol!!

OP, this poster is an example that your Picture is Opposite of what it should be. lol!!

“It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is, than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” - Carl Sagan
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

Master Spade wrote:

Why ISN'T it surprising that a religious person is going against his teachings...........and is JUDGING ME!!??? Shou Shall Not Judge........but who cares right!?? Say one thing, and do the opposite, just like a Real Religious person!! lol!!

OP, this poster is an example that your Picture is Opposite of what it should be. lol!!

“It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is, than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” - Carl Sagan

You are clearly shaking in your sombrero. Destroyed.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

lettherebehouse wrote:Go easy on the Atheists will you. They're entertaining the enlightened stage of their life, where they parade words such as logic and reason as most do when they've finally discovered it for once in their lives (much like a child does on Christmas morning the first time he gets to play with his new toys). The problem for them, is the confusion they pretend to mask through disingenuous bravado, wit, and borrowed cliches is as ever transparent as I've seen right through folks like this for most of my adult life. As the better man, a holy man, simply allow them to wallow in the mud, and allow them to mock you, it's OK.

Your best bet, is to not convert them, not mock them, but simply wait for them to find themselves. Some wait most of their lives for that moment, some even wait until they're dying in their death bed counting down the final minutes of their life. But, they always come to, somehow someway. Just allow it to happen naturally my friend, all is good.

Amen.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

thatoothpick45 wrote:
Master Spade wrote:

You are clearly shaking in your sombrero. Destroyed.

I accept your White Flag! lol!!
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

Shill Jackson wrote:Image
How did that work out for Dick Pryor?
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

Dorris Burke renewed my hatred for atheists earlier tonight.