Thoughts?

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Thoughts?

Post by kobeunderbite »

From its first use, there has been debate as to whether the guillotine always provided a swift death as Guillotin had hoped. With previous methods of execution intended to be painful, there was little concern about the suffering inflicted. As the guillotine was invented specifically to be humane the issue was seriously considered. The blade cuts quickly enough so that there is relatively little impact on the brain case, and perhaps less likelihood of immediate unconsciousness than with a more violent decapitation, or long-drop hanging. Some doctors say that it takes 15 minutes before a chopped head loses its eye and hearing senses.[25]

Audiences to guillotinings told numerous stories of blinking eyelids, speaking, moving eyes, movement of the mouth, even an expression of "unequivocal indignation" on the face of the decapitated Charlotte Corday when her cheek was slapped.

The following report was written by a Dr. Beaurieux, who experimented with the head of a condemned prisoner by the name of Henri Languille, on 28 June 1905:

Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. This phenomenon has been remarked by all those finding themselves in the same conditions as myself for observing what happens after the severing of the neck ...
I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: "Languille!" I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions – I insist advisedly on this peculiarity – but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts.
Next Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with the sort of vague dull look without any expression, that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me. After several seconds, the eyelids closed again [...].
It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement – and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.[26]
Chooch
Legend

Re: Thoughts?

Post by Chooch »

I'm too lazy to google what that is.

Sorry brew.

These users thanked the author Chooch for the post:
Da Stars.
Rating: 3.85%
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

xxx wrote:I'm too lazy to google what that is.

Sorry brew.
You need Google to tell you what a guillotine is?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I've always wondered this myself with decap cases. Your head rolling down a hill as your legs and torso runs after it. That'd be fuckin dope bro.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Max wrote:

Sorry brew.
He's really stupid.
Chooch
Legend

Post by Chooch »

ripper76 wrote:
Max wrote:

Sorry brew.
He's really stupid.

Translation: I've been embarrassed by him.

These users thanked the author Chooch for the post:
Da Stars.
Rating: 3.85%
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

kobeunderbite wrote:From its first use, there has been debate as to whether the guillotine always provided a swift death as Guillotin had hoped. With previous methods of execution intended to be painful, there was little concern about the suffering inflicted. As the guillotine was invented specifically to be humane the issue was seriously considered. The blade cuts quickly enough so that there is relatively little impact on the brain case, and perhaps less likelihood of immediate unconsciousness than with a more violent decapitation, or long-drop hanging. Some <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)">doctors</a> say that it takes 15 minutes before a chopped head loses its eye and hearing senses.[25]

Audiences to guillotinings told numerous stories of <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)">blinking</a> eyelids, speaking, moving eyes, movement of the mouth, even an expression of "unequivocal indignation" on the face of the decapitated Charlotte Corday when her cheek was slapped.

The <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)">following</a> report was written by a Dr. Beaurieux, who experimented with the head of a condemned prisoner by the name of Henri Languille, on 28 June 1905:

Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. This phenomenon has been remarked by all those finding themselves in the same conditions as myself for observing what happens after the severing of the neck ...
I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: "Languille!" I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions – I insist advisedly on this peculiarity – but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts.
Next Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with the sort of vague dull look without any expression, that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me. After several seconds, the eyelids closed again [...].
It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement – and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.[26]
Insightful. And Dr Guillotine actually considered himself a philanthropist. I figure the Samurai observed the same thing when they beheaded someone with a swift blow.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

How could someone talk without their mouth being attached to their lungs? Doesn't air have to be pushed through in order for words to be formed?