Brock Lesnar vs Jon Jones

Talk about anything here.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Brock Lesnar vs Jon Jones

Post by elmerjfudd »

looks like Brock is leaving after Summer Slam to get ready for a bout vs Jon Jones.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Brock Lesnar vs Jon Jones

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Should be an interesting match. I want Jones despite also being a Lesnar fan. If Brock gets Jon down I don't see Jones getting up until the bell, but it may be tough to get close to him with Jon's freakish reach and ability to use it. Brock has also shown that he shades away from contact.

I see Jones winning by TKO.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Probably the biggest combination of athleticism in UFC history between both opponents.
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

paul heyman - "if brock loses the belt at summer slam he's leaving wwe"

( days after jon jones calls him out )

didn't see that coming.....

and who even cares since it won't be for the belt since jones is moving up in weight class
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Should be an interesting match. I want Jones despite also being a Lesnar fan. If Brock gets Jon down I don't see Jones getting up until the bell, but it may be tough to get close to him with Jon's freakish reach and ability to use it. Brock has also shown that he shades away from contact.

Jones will probably tire him out after one round and finish him... Brock will go on the aggressive and while Jones fights backwards while defending any chance of a takedown.. but yeah you're right if Brock can get a hold of Jones its game set match.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:paul heyman - "if brock loses the belt at summer slam he's leaving wwe"

( days after jon jones calls him out )

didn't see that coming.....

and who even cares since it won't be for the belt since jones is moving up in weight class
It's certainly a money grab for the UFC, Jones, and Brock but that doesn't make it any less entertaining or compelling to watch.

Assuming Jones wins he will use this fight to catapult him to the whoever holds the HW belt, which is Stipe at the moment but could be Cain.

He is trying to hold two belts simultaneously like Conor.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elmerjfudd wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:Should be an interesting match. I want Jones despite also being a Lesnar fan. If Brock gets Jon down I don't see Jones getting up until the bell, but it may be tough to get close to him with Jon's freakish reach and ability to use it. Brock has also shown that he shades away from contact.

Jones will probably tire him out after one round and finish him... Brock will go on the aggressive and while Jones fights backwards while defending any chance of a takedown.. but yeah you're right if Brock can get a hold of Jones its game set match.
Agreed. Unless he finishes him on the ground he will have to do it for at least 3 of the 5 rounds to get the decision, which is a tough task.

It should be an interesting match.