Is there any event more staged than the State of The Union

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Is there any event more staged than the State of The Union

Post by lettherebehouse »

Fake claps, fake ovations, fake cheers, fake affection for the Joe Schmoe's lives you've touched. I don't care who's president, whether Clinton, Bush, or Barrack, this shit is always insulting, and filled with complete bullshit, need more commas for this sentence for good measure.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Re: Is there any event more staged than the State of The Uni

Post by manchild98 »

There's no reason to ever watch. It's the same stuff over and over...and that's because it NEVER matters what party is in office. Each side pretends they are saying something different but their actual actions are the exact same. We pretend we want to help the middle class but really we only care about helping banks.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

It's a perfect display of the way politics works. Lots of talk and nothing gets done.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Obama couldn't even get the correct side of homeboy that had shrapnel in his head who's blind out of one eye. He kept saying his left, his left, his left, when any Manny Moe or Jack could see it was the dude's right side of his face and head that was clearly the affected side. BTW, that kid had a scary resemblance to a poster here who goes by the name Clevetown, no joke.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

lettherebehouse wrote:Obama couldn't even get the correct side of homeboy that had shrapnel in his head who's blind out of one eye. He kept saying his left, his left, his left, when any Manny Moe or Jack could see it was the dude's right side of his face and head that was clearly the affected side. BTW, that kid had a scary resemblance to a poster here who goes by the name Clevetown, no joke.
I think he got that part right, actually. From what I recall, he said the SFC still hadn't regained use of his left hand. And he is pretty clearly blind in his right eye, and that's the side of his head that was wounded, so that means his left-side motor skills will be the affected ones.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

americaninfidel wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Obama couldn't even get the correct side of homeboy that had shrapnel in his head who's blind out of one eye. He kept saying his left, his left, his left, when any Manny Moe or Jack could see it was the dude's right side of his face and head that was clearly the affected side. BTW, that kid had a scary resemblance to a poster here who goes by the name Clevetown, no joke.
I think he got that part right, actually. From what I recall, he said the SFC still hadn't regained use of his left hand. And he is pretty clearly blind in his right eye, and that's the side of his head that was wounded, so that means his left-side motor skills will be the affected ones.

Well shit, guess I ain't getting into Johns Hopkins U anytime soon.

FML