Which player is more Valuable to his team...?

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Which player is more Valuable to his team...?

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

This topic came up in a different thread and I'm interested in the board's take. Player A or Player B... who is more Valuable to the success of his team:

Player A averages 20-PPG but he allows his opponent to score more than his seasonal average
Player B averages 15-PPG but he holds his opponent below his seasonal average

Player A averages 10 Assists per game playing on the best shooting team in the league
Player B averages 6 Assists a game playing on the worst shooting team

Player A averages 12 rebounds a game but only 2 on the Offensive end (leading to 3 extra second-chance points for his team)
Player B averages 6 Rebounds but 4 on the Offensive end (leading to 7 extra second-chance points)

Player A clearly has the best stats, but is he more Valuable than Player B...?

(BTW... these are completely arbitrary numbers. There is no agenda here; just wondering if a guy with the best stats should automatically be considered the most Valuable, so Kobe Kids and LeTots should refrain from getting their panties in a wad.)
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Re: Which player is more Valuable to his team...?

Post by ripper76 »

dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

Player B

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Thats basically why box score watching is frowned upon
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote:Thats basically why box score watching is frowned upon

So I'm guessing your answer is Player B (is more Valuable), yes?
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:

Hm, I dont recall saying that. What I do recall saying is that looking at box scores is frowned upon
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote:

Hm, I dont recall saying that. What I do recall saying is that looking at box scores is frowned upon

Great... now how about staying on topic and answering the question.

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

wailuaFC wrote:

I dont what you guys dont understand about numbers not being the be all end all.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Hm, I dont recall saying that. What I do recall saying is that looking at box scores is frowned upon

I dont what you guys dont understand about numbers not being the be all end all.

Ok since you refuse to answer a very simple question, let's try a different angle: Would you agree with the notion that Player A can be more Valuable than Player B even though Player B has much better stats?

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

wailuaFC wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Hm, I dont recall saying that. What I do recall saying is that looking at box scores is frowned upon

It's all about whatever advances the agenda at the moment. The criteria and the goal posts will be moved frequently depending on what argument the drunken OP is trying to make at the time.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
It's all about whatever advances the agenda at the moment. The criteria and the goal posts will be moved frequently depending on what argument the drunken OP is trying to make at the time.

I thought you didn't read the OP, slipper...?

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Cobra Kai wrote:I can't wait till the agenda is revealed.

Waiting with anticipation.

There is NO agenda... read the OP again.

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

ripper76 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: I dont what you guys dont understand about numbers not being the be all end all.

Are you talking to me? I didn't read the OP. I've read enough of them to know that you recycle the same tired troll techniques time after time after time. I know exactly what all your threads consist of just by seeing the title. I read and responded to wailua's post.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:
ripper76 wrote: It's all about whatever advances the agenda at the moment. The criteria and the goal posts will be moved frequently depending on what argument the drunken OP is trying to make at the time.

Are you talking to me? I didn't read the OP. I've read enough of them to know that you recycle the same tired troll techniques time after time after time. I know exactly what all your threads consist of just by seeing the title. I read and responded to wailua's post.

Sure... you skipped my posts and read someone's replies to my posts.

ROFL

Whatever you say, flipper...

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

ripper76 wrote:

ROFL

A lot of people do that.

People get tired of your weak trolling real quick. You haven't had any new material in years. That's why you were banished from the NBA forum at sportshoopla to the "Fouled Out" section, created especially for you.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/foul ... d-out.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That humiliation must have been why you tried to sneak into the last board as "number1lebronfan."
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

ripper76 wrote:

ROFL

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Guess I'll play along. If we're just going by the data given, player B. Making the right passes, strong on the offensive glass, and keeps opponents in check.
TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

ripper76 wrote:

ROFL

He can't help himself. Says he doesn't care but follows you everywhere you go.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:
ripper76 wrote: Are you talking to me? I didn't read the OP. I've read enough of them to know that you recycle the same tired troll techniques time after time after time. I know exactly what all your threads consist of just by seeing the title. I read and responded to wailua's post.

ROFL

A lot of people do that.

People get tired of your weak trolling real quick. You haven't had any new material in years. That's why you were banished from the NBA forum at sportshoopla to the "Fouled Out" section, created especially for you.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/foul ... d-out.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That humiliation must have been why you tried to sneak into the last board as "number1lebronfan."

I thought you weren't reading my posts, dripper?

Whoooopsie...!!

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

ripper76 wrote:

ROFL

A lot of people do that.

I thought you weren't reading my posts, dripper?

Whoooopsie...!!
You made this post?

Welcome to "Fouled Out"

Like "The Toilet Bowl" on the College Football Forum, "Fouled Out" will serve as a gathering place for all those who don't quite measure up to participation on the NBA forums!
Please join me in extending a very warm welcome to our first invitee, TheDangerousKitchen! You are most certainly deserving of this honor, Kitchen. You're the only poster I know bad enough to make me side with Heat "fans."