Hellary rips Trump for his comments about women YET she invites Jay Z to sing at her rally...

Talk about anything here.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Re: Hellary rips Trump for his comments about women YET she invites Jay Z to sing at her rally.

Post by Ghostown42 »

Jims_Doors wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote: Some of it I guess could be considered music, but certainly not an art.
So music is not art?
There's a difference in music.

When you got 4 or 5 guys "playing" individual instruments and their sounds together make it sound like good/ great creative music.

Compared to 1 guy using a machine that can play 4 or 5 sounds at a time that's already been pre-created or programmed into the machine, with a dude rhyming words together with not much thought put into it.

I'm not saying none of it's creative, but certainly not art in my book
Define "art." And do you consider poetry art?
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Re: Hellary rips Trump for his comments about women YET she invites Jay Z to sing at her rally.

Post by Ghostown42 »

Kevin wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Ghosttown is out of his league here trying to step to TDK armed with just a butterknife in a tank battle. Criminally outmatched, and in this thread, it showed.
When did you become such a little nancy? In the past, you wouldn't make such posts like this to garner support from the masses. Now it seems like 99% of your posts here are to appease the majority of people who post here. You don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I am truly disappointed in you. This is not the man I used to know.
Take it easy on him. I think he was being sarcastic. It's kind of become a shtick on this board to tell someone they've been owned when they ruin someone else's argument, an attempt to be ironic or something, I guess.

Even if he wasn't being sarcastic, I really don't care. Saying "you got owned," is easily the most dismissive post anyone can make on a message board. It's not even a point.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Kevin wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Ghosttown is out of his league here trying to step to TDK armed with just a butterknife in a tank battle. Criminally outmatched, and in this thread, it showed.
When did you become such a little nancy? In the past, you wouldn't make such posts like this to garner support from the masses. Now it seems like 99% of your posts here are to appease the majority of people who post here. You don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I am truly disappointed in you. This is not the man I used to know.

I keeps it fluid with the times. Entrenching yourself into an unevolving mentality will absolutely stunt your growth as a person I expect you to know better. Don't be afraid to call a spade a spade, just because the spade happens to be on "your team".

Feel me?

:nashpoint:
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
So music is not art?
There's a difference in music.

When you got 4 or 5 guys "playing" individual instruments and their sounds together make it sound like good/ great creative music.

Compared to 1 guy using a machine that can play 4 or 5 sounds at a time that's already been pre-created or programmed into the machine, with a dude rhyming words together with not much thought put into it.

In ways, Poetry can be a form of art, but when first written..... it's intention isn't meant to be put to music later. It's just meant to be read.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

To be fair to House I think a lot of us have been backing TDK during election season, the Trump Tots have a special bond on this board.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Jims_Doors wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote: There's a difference in music.

In ways, Poetry can be a form of art, but when first written..... it's intention isn't meant to be put to music later. It's just meant to be read.
Will you define art so we all can understand exactly what you consider art to be? Because right now, it seems that you think poetry can be art, but not when combined with another art (music). Art + art = not art. That's what I'm getting from this.

So please, tell us exactly what you think art is.

The dictionary defines art as, "the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance."

Art can be good or bad. A bad painting is still art, it's just bad art. I believe lots of abstract art is terrible, but that doesn't mean it is not art. The same with music - bad music is bad art.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Kobeunderbite wrote:To be fair to House I think a lot of us have been backing TDK during election season, the Trump Tots have a special bond on this board.
Yeah, dicks inserted into mouths.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:To be fair to House I think a lot of us have been backing TDK during election season, the Trump Tots have a special bond on this board.
Yeah, dicks inserted into mouths.

Why does it always come back to that subject for you?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Which is a testament to the Don Dada's ability to unite people, while Hillary and Obama work to create division among us.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Ghostown42 wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Will you define art so we all can understand exactly what you consider art to be? Because right now, it seems that you think poetry can be art, but not when combined with another art (music). Art + art = not art. That's what I'm getting from this.

The dictionary defines art as, "the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance."

Art can be good or bad. A bad painting is still art, it's just bad art. I believe lots of abstract art is terrible, but that doesn't mean it is not art. The same with music - bad music is bad art.
Like I said earlier, I don't see rap music as a form of art when referring to art as music. A rapper is not a musician, he's an entertainer. The person isn't making a creative sounds, it's already programmed into the machine, ready to be used.

It's much different than 4 or 5 guys "playing individual instruments" and their sounds getting put together to make it sound like good/ great creative music.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Jims_Doors wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote: In ways, Poetry can be a form of art, but when first written..... it's intention isn't meant to be put to music later. It's just meant to be read.

Like I said earlier, I don't see rap music as a form of art when referring to art as music. A rapper is not a musician, he's an entertainer. The person isn't making a creative sounds, it's already programmed into the machine, ready to be used.

It's much different than 4 or 5 guys "playing individual instruments" and their sounds getting put together to make it sound like good/ great creative music.
So if I said that TDK was equating entertainment to real sexual assault and rape, you wouldn't have had a problem with it. Okay. TDK is equating an association with an entertainer to actual sexual assault and rape in this thread.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

To each his own brah....it's all good
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

I gotta give it to Ghosty. He's been bitchslapping thr fuck outta Jims Doors ITT.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

And Saudi Arabia has donated millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation. And women in SA don't have much more rights than slaves in USA.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Da Stars. wrote:And Saudi Arabia has donated millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation. And women in SA don't have much more rights than slaves in USA.
and neither did women in the US just a century and a quarter or so ago
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:And Saudi Arabia has donated millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation. And women in SA don't have much more rights than slaves in USA.
American women had better rights during the Civil war than a Saudi woman ever.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

People who actively support Clinton at this point should be looked at with suspicion for the rest of their lives on all matters related to character and morality.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Da Stars. wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
American women had better rights during the Civil war than a Saudi woman ever.
They were covered head to toe, they were expected to toe a religious hard line, they had no say in elections and they had no legal rights.
• She could not control property that was hers before the marriage.
• She could not keep or control the wages she earned.
• She could not acquire property while married.
• She could not transfer or sell property.
• She could not bring any lawsuit.
• She could not make a contract.

Wealthy women have always enjoyed some exceptions, but for the common gal, what great rights did she have?
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**