Talk about anything here.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Re: why kobe will always have a better case than lebron against jordan

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Jims_Doors wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
vegasfraud wrote:And then there was one...griff might be the last kobe kid left from espn gen who still thinks he's better than LeGoat.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/ ... ael-jordan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sep 7, 2016

Feb. 5th, 2015
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nb ... rank-11-15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TOP 5

All-Time #NBArank 5: Wilt Chamberlain

All-Time #NBArank 4: Magic Johnson

All-Time #NBArank 3: LeBron James

All-Time #NBArank 2: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

All-Time #NBArank 1: Michael Jordan

i dunno if it was your or someone else who replied with this before

but i'l retort the same way to this as i did the last time

i'l agree 100% that espn writers collectively believe kobe sucks if you agree that people in general agree that kobe is legendary and the best since mj, better than lebron etc...

no shame in that... henry abbott is just a writer. his staff are just guys with journalist degrees that read box scores. so no doubt theyed believe analytics are the end all be all

so lets agree on it

henry abbott = lebron > kobe

the world = kobe > lebron
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

they were built on defense

do you forget how good robinson still was?

34-year old Danny Ferry was a defensive monster for sure! Only surpassed by the 37 year old Terry Porter, 35 year old Avery Johnson and 35 year old Steve Kerr.

Antonio Daniels played about as much as the 35 year old David Robinson did. Malik Rose and Samaki Walker played 22+ minutes per game in the playoffs.

DOMINANT!

they were the #1 defensive team in the nba ( #1 defensive rating )

so what exactly are you trying to do... your best stephen a smith impressions? where you say 1 name in an odd way to insult an entire roster?

If you made a claim that the 2001 Spurs were the best defensive team in 2001... fair enough. But that wasn't your argument.

You claimed a team with Antonio Daniels, Danny Ferry, Malik Rose, Derek Anderson and washed-up Avery Johnson was better than the Golden State Warriors...
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:MVPs are worthless, but Lebron surpassed Kobe by beating a 73 win team in the finals.

In doing so, he also proved why MVPs are worthless actually
:lol: It happened well before that. LeBron has pretty much been considered first option/captain on his teams outside of maybe his rookie year and definitely 2011 with the Heat

Kobe, as first option/captain on the Lakers, had a pretty quiet career outside of 3yrs when LA went to the Finals. Even then he only played well in 1 of 3.

does anyone even read polls anymore

this is general knowledge personified. the same criteria as jordans goat candidacy

majority rules

you can personally say you think lebron lebron passed kobe. but you can't talk about it as fact if more people disagree with you than agree with you on that subject

this poll was done AFTER the finals.... even with lebrons hype at an all time high

ON LESPN.. his home network

:lol:
James was already voted top 3 well BEFORE the 2016 Finals.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Madnessssss wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote: :lol: It happened well before that. LeBron has pretty much been considered first option/captain on his teams outside of maybe his rookie year and definitely 2011 with the Heat

Kobe, as first option/captain on the Lakers, had a pretty quiet career outside of 3yrs when LA went to the Finals. Even then he only played well in 1 of 3.

this is general knowledge personified. the same criteria as jordans goat candidacy

majority rules

you can personally say you think lebron lebron passed kobe. but you can't talk about it as fact if more people disagree with you than agree with you on that subject

this poll was done AFTER the finals.... even with lebrons hype at an all time high

It's close, but lebron surpassed him.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

not according to reality

people put more stock in skills than media hype and ring chasing

kobes rings in 2009 and 2010 can't be touched.. and even his 2001 and 2002 runs are more legit than any ring chasing, collude super team lockout mess or ray allen bail out.... and especially an adam silver suspension rigging in a shit era

lebron has absolutely ZERO prestige for any of his titles

not one of them can anyone say "ok i'l agree he earned it" .. not one

and the fans recognize this
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

the fans on a poll you could vote multiple times in. i remember griff trying to use this same poll months ago. then i voted. cleared my cookies and voted again. then laughed at his poll. he's probably still voting in it. lol.
QueenCuckCarl has no clue how many men his whore wife has fucked...ask him.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/ ... ael-jordan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sep 7, 2016

Feb. 5th, 2015
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nb ... rank-11-15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TOP 5

i'l agree 100% that espn writers collectively believe kobe sucks if you agree that people in general agree that kobe is legendary and the best since mj, better than lebron etc...

no shame in that... henry abbott is just a writer. his staff are just guys with journalist degrees that read box scores. so no doubt theyed believe analytics are the end all be all

so lets agree on it

I'll trust actually basketball journalists and those who do it for a living > 10yr old boys from China voting for Kobe.

Hell, James has been the best player (besides MJ) since MJ's first retirement back in 93'

Once Kobe got his own team and jumped into the big boy 1st option discussions, he had a pretty quiet career. Especially in the postseason outside of 3yrs.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Jims_Doors wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote: :lol: It happened well before that. LeBron has pretty much been considered first option/captain on his teams outside of maybe his rookie year and definitely 2011 with the Heat

majority rules

i put more stock in the overall majority of people than a few hand picked writers at espn

you honestly think they hire anyone but lebron nuttswallowers and geeks that just wake up in the morning and check box scores?

if i made a website. got 100 people together from around the building whos jobs are just statistical research. got them to vote on whos better between kobe and lebron... and kobe came out ontop. would that be more legit than a poll involving everyone on the fucking planet?

with

- no bias
- no limitations
- no criteria or agendas

and the espn poll was influenced by analytics/per etc...

they only gave actual resumes maybe 1/10 consideration ...

look at hakeems entire body of work. kobe equalled it in just the time after shaq

- same finals
- same rings
- same mvps
- same finals mvps
- more 1st team all nbas
- more 1st team all defenses
- more starting allstar games
- more 40,50,60 point games

yet that. combined with all the things he did with shaq doesnt equal or surpass hakeem? really? why? because hakeem was more efficient due to being a fucking center?

get the fuck outa here

lol
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

majority rules

It's close, but lebron surpassed him.

not according to reality

kobes rings in 2009 and 2010 can't be touched.. and even his 2001 and 2002 runs are more legit than any ring chasing, collude super team lockout mess or ray allen bail out.... and especially an adam silver suspension rigging in a shit era

:lol: Kobe demanding to play for the Lakers and refusing to sign with any other team is a clear definition of a ring chaser.

2001 and 02 were 2nd option rings. He didn't get street cred till Shaq was traded.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Kobe and Jordan were pure 100% Alpha in every sense of the word... they didn't run chicken to form superteams, and they always wanted the last shot (where as LeBeta would rather defer to his teammates when the pressure is greatest).
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Jims_Doors wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote: Feb. 5th, 2015

TOP 5

so lets agree on it

I'll trust actually basketball journalists and those who do it for a living > 10yr old boys from China voting for Kobe.

Hell, James has been the best player (besides MJ) since MJ's first retirement back in 93'

Once Kobe got his own team and jumped into the big boy 1st option discussions, he had a pretty quiet career. Especially in the postseason outside of 3yrs.

do you realize that to become a basketball journalist who votes for polls on espn... all you need is

- writing experience
- an understanding of analytics
- an appreciation for lebron james
- a disdain for kobe bryant

you don't have to know the history of the game. 90% of the guys working for espn who vote on these polls dont even appear on tv lol... theyre just people doing most of henry abbots research and coffee runs probly

there were 100+ people voting.. yet i only ever see or hear from maybe 10 guys... who are these other people? lol

interns?

:yaoyao:
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Jims_Doors wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Madnessssss wrote: It's close, but lebron surpassed him.

not according to reality

:lol: Kobe demanding to play for the Lakers and refusing to sign with any other team is a clear definition of a ring chaser.

2001 and 02 were 2nd option rings. He didn't get street cred till Shaq was traded.

like ive said many times before. even if this were true... in order for it to have taken place. kobe would had to of sent out the memo well before the draft. which was months before shaq was traded to LA

the team was basically just cedric ceballos, nick van exel and eddie jones

magic had already decided to retire

how is that ring chasing? he wanted to be a laker more for his love for them growing up ( IF what you say is true )
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

majority rules

i put more stock in the overall majority of people than a few hand picked writers at espn

you honestly think they hire anyone but lebron nuttswallowers and geeks that just wake up in the morning and check box scores?

if i made a website. got 100 people together from around the building whos jobs are just statistical research. got them to vote on whos better between kobe and lebron... and kobe came out ontop. would that be more legit than a poll involving everyone on the fucking planet?

with

- no bias
- no limitations
- no criteria or agendas

and the espn poll was influenced by analytics/per etc...

they only gave actual resumes maybe 1/10 consideration ...

look at hakeems entire body of work. kobe equalled it in just the time after shaq

- same finals
- same rings
- same mvps
- same finals mvps
- more 1st team all nbas
- more 1st team all defenses
- more starting allstar games
- more 40,50,60 point games

yet that. combined with all the things he did with shaq doesnt equal or surpass hakeem? really? why? because hakeem was more efficient due to being a fucking center?

get the fuck outa here

lol
That's something you'll have to ask the expert panel of writers who made the list.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

not according to reality

like ive said many times before. even if this were true... in order for it to have taken place. kobe would had to of sent out the memo well before the draft. which was months before shaq was traded to LA

the team was basically just cedric ceballos, nick van exel and eddie jones

magic had already decided to retire

how is that ring chasing? he wanted to be a laker more for his love for them growing up ( IF what you say is true )
They were a 4 seed for the playoffs. You forgot to mention Elden Campbell and Vlade was part of that team.....you know the young stud Center that LA agreed to trade to Charlotte for Kobe(before the draft started) cause they knew Shaq wanted to play in LA.

It's ring chasing cause LA was the 2md most successful franchise in NBA history. Who has a better chance of acquiring talent at the time, Lakers or the Nets who originally wanted to draft Kobe and he said "NO, don't do it, I won't sign?"
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

imagine if the entire world thought lebron was the GOAT. and the only guys who thought jordan was better were henry abbott, mark stein, john hollinger, brian windhorst and amin elhassan

/thread

/doorslife
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

btw... its so obvious jims_doors is kub

he uses that alt to talk to me because he doesnt wanna get owned publicly in debates he knows i'l end up blowing him the fuck out at